Is Social Anxiety a stand-alone problem for you?

Is your SA linked to other problems or a stand-alone problem?

• Total voters
I believe my circumstances were the salient factor in my having SA. I mean I find it hard to envision that if any of us on here were treated differently in childhood, or blessed with really ego-boosting experiences when young that they wouldn't have SA. None of my siblings had problems like me, and I think it has to do with being isolated from a young age, never experiencing social contact when you need to and subsequently not learning how social contact worked and feeling so unbearably insecure because of it. I mean the men here should ask themselves: If between the age 12-18 a beautiful girl had kissed you, made you feel loved, and made you confident do you think you would have SA?

crazycatlady27

i developed anxiety from post natel depression and a relationship breakdown and it all pretty much went to hell from there lol

theone723

I developed sa becuse of my hyperhidrosis and people always looked at me differently and made fun of me and said nasty things about me and that has led me to severe depression,loneliness, and suicidial thoughts.

Eric28887

The way I believe it happened is I had a lot of general anxiety as a child. Which in turn led to me experiencing facial blushing as a problem. Then the facial blushing led to extreme social anxiety. I'm not as bad as I used to be, but I still have a long way to go.