Is it possible to accept and be happy with our situation??

xtina_fan81

So, everyone is telling me that I need to just accept how my life is and think more positively. I'm probably the most subborn person you will ever cone across which I know doesn't help but I'm not at that point where I'm prepared to accept bein rejected ignored and so insignificant to people hat it makes no difference I'm I'm here or not. I have good family and I fan never deny that. But at 21 I'm just so inexperinced and have such a lack of a social life it's ridiculous, I shd be moving on but I can't if people just don't take to me. I'm at a a point where I feel so PEED off that i have to deal with his and everyone else is out thre doing heir thing and I'm never a part of it. There's so much resentment in me and I just do t know what to do anymore. People always tell me "you have to accept yourself and that's what people are attracted to for a friend" etc etc..and I just disagree. I do not believe that everyone out there, all the people having fun wih good friends have been on a long path to self acceptance. I do not see howthat works. The way I see it is people are happy BECAUSE they have friends, NOT the other way around. I don't know if I'm missing something but that makes more sense to me. I've yet to find anyone who agrees tbh I'm just so confused and I don't know how to feel though. I don't even know what I'm asking really. anyone happen to see where I'm coming from with my view or all just think I'm talking rubbish? Heh

alex7

We can accept it but can never happy or satisfied because we know how much greener the grass is on the other side. Every person we meet is an example of what we could be.

xtina_fan81

^ its interesting how people who havent been through the same things as us just cant see how it feels. a friend of mine has had similar experiences but she does not have social anxiety and she just keeps trying to drum into me that i need to be happy with being completely different from everyone i see. and stop comparing. i hate it when people make it sound so easy when really they dont know how impossible it is or seems.

lyricalliaisons

I don't think that having friends is going to make someone happy. But I also know that I can't be happy in my situation. I'm 28, have never had a job, have never been in a relationship & may very well be homeless or worse soon, so there's nothing to be happy about. Even if I did have friends, it wouldn't make the rest of my life better & I still wouldn't be happy. I would probably feel better than I do now, but I still wouldn't be happy.