Is it okay to tell his mom that I'm proud of him?

CrazyGirl

I want to but don't want to sound lame. He's a full-grown man and has issues with drugs and used to bring me aound it and doing it in front of me. Well, after some time of giving my friend "tough love" sending him the message that I didn't want to be around it anymore, I gave him a *test* when I picked him up from jail. I knew what he wanted to do and was tempted to get some "stash". So, when I dropped him off at his place, I suprised him with some of my cigerettes. I know, unhealthy, but I didn't want to give him mony and that was all I had on me. I even told my friend that I was proud of him for waiting and looked at me like a dork.
He has other enablers now. I'm just happy that we are still friends even after that I don't enable him anymore.

Last edited:

ImNotMyIllness

I think you should be proud of yourself for getting out of that situation. You don't want to be taking drugs or enabling anyone.

You can remain friends but I would try to not interact too much with them until they get cleaned up.

CrazyGirl

I think you should be proud of yourself for getting out of that situation. You don't want to be taking drugs or enabling anyone.

You can remain friends but I would try to not interact too much with them until they get cleaned up.

I never did drugs. Yeah, we don't see each other much anymore because of it. His choice

nodejesque

When it comes to addiction, I think everybody has a vice or is addicted to some form of escape. Caring for someone who is addicted to drugs is especially hard because you don't want to contribute to that problem. But if cigarettes are what he uses now, then id be proud. Turning your back on hard drugs is no small feet. And although cigarettes aren't good for you... they're definitely not as harsh as some drugs out there. My brother was a meth addict.. and I saw what that did to him, as well as as how those who enabled him just further unintetionally hurt him. If he would have chosen cigarettes, I definitely would have let him know I was proud of him..

CrazyGirl

When it comes to addiction, I think everybody has a vice or is addicted to some form of escape. Caring for someone who is addicted to drugs is especially hard because you don't want to contribute to that problem. But if cigarettes are what he uses now, then id be proud. Turning your back on hard drugs is no small feet. And although cigarettes aren't good for you... they're definitely not as harsh as some drugs out there. My brother was a meth addict.. and I saw what that did to him, as well as as how those who enabled him just further unintetionally hurt him. If he would have chosen cigarettes, I definitely would have let him know I was proud of him..

I agree too that everyone has a vice or is addicted to something to escape, some are healthy others aren't. He still does drugs, just doesn't bring me around it anymore. My friend knows that I was proud of him