Is it hereditary?

blabla

Hi,

I have been thinking about this for a while now, and I'm really curious to know if I am going to pass HH to my children.

Does anyone in your family has HH? How hereditary is it?

Most married people I met in HH forums say their kids have it too. This is really scary to me. I mean I'm seriously over worrying for myself now, but what if I pass HH to my cute future daughter? I don't think I can live with having a child that blames me -rightfully- for having to deal with this annoying condition.

Personally I don't think I have ever seen mom sweat, dad has very mild HH axillary hyperhidrosis, my brother has mild to moderate axillary HH, and I have it the worst. I have severe axillary and palmar HH.

What's it like in your family? I'm really curious, please do tell.

surfsider

most things are hereditary but i also heard you can develop hyperhidrosis from a traumatic accident or injury you should read up about it on dr. reisfelds site just search sweaty palms in google.

Piglet Boy

Hi,

I have been thinking about this for a while now, and I'm really curious to know if I am going to pass HH to my children.

Does anyone in your family has HH? How hereditary is it?

Most married people I met in HH forums say their kids have it too. This is really scary to me. I mean I'm seriously over worrying for myself now, but what if I pass HH to my cute future daughter? I don't think I can live with having a child that blames me -rightfully- for having to deal with this annoying condition.

Personally I don't think I have ever seen mom sweat, dad has very mild HH axillary hyperhidrosis, my brother has mild to moderate axillary HH, and I have it the worst. I have severe axillary and palmar HH.

What's it like in your family? I'm really curious, please do tell.

It could be hereditary, I mean genes are genes. It might've been a recessive gene or something, regardless I believe it's possible.

EscapeArtist

hmm and I'd think that if your HH is hereditary then it would be more likely to be caused by environment (like allergies, seeing most are also hereditary)

Sprawling

I believe it's hereditary. Weird, I've had sweaty palms and feet my entire life and my dad developed sweaty palms at age 75. I guess he got the gene from someone in the family... but who? It's not a big topic of conversation amongst family members. My dad finally understands what I had to live through. It's not that bad when people do not have to experience it.

Knickerless

Research certianly seems to point toward it being hereditary. Personally, It seemed to have skipped a gene as my uncle has it bad but my dad was okay but then me and my brother both have it to different degrees, ontop of that the female side of the family have no issue (two sisters). It is always going to vary from case to case though.

fatbeer

It's definately hereditary.

As for passing it on you won't be 100% sure until your child is old enought for HH to manifest. I would'nt worry about it till then, and if it does you'll have a life time of experience of living with HH to share with them to ease their experience.

Sprawling

My daughter developed the opposite, extremely dry hands, yet now at age 20 she's developed facial sweating. She developed all the worst of both her mom and myself. It's like a parents worst nightmare that our children develops our awful genes. At least she's smart in that she plans never to have children. Our family gene pool will stop and save the agony of a future non existent child. on the bright side of things she is smart, pretty, and has a good sense of humor.

SweatSweatGoAway

My parents, nor my grandparents, nor any of my relatives have palmar hyperhidrosis. However, I also have a strong feeling that it's hereditary. There was a study done that traced palmar hyperhidrosis to a specific chromosome, it can be found on PubMed.

fatbeer

It can and does certainly skip generations. But from my experience, I don't need any study to tell me it's hereditary. I know.

Paul Vang

My father has hyperhidrosis and i always joke on him that he gave his curse to me. I didn't know he had it for the longest time.

HHH

It can and does certainly skip generations. But from my experience, I don't need any study to tell me it's hereditary. I know.
Totally agree. It is hereditary and it skips generations too. My paternal grandmother has had severe palmoplantar HH though my dad doesn't even have axillary HH. Now I have got it and there's always a risk of passing on to the next generation. It's important that your partner does not have any form of HH since I believe the chances of passing the genes is higher if both parents have the condition.

Feathers

My daughter developed the opposite, extremely dry hands, yet now at age 20 she's developed facial sweating. She developed all the worst of both her mom and myself. It's like a parents worst nightmare that our children develops our awful genes. At least she's smart in that she plans never to have children. Our family gene pool will stop and save the agony of a future non existent child. on the bright side of things she is smart, pretty, and has a good sense of humor.

oh gosh!! your daughter is smart, pretty, and has a good sense of humor?!! and you wish the gene pool to stop?? huh??

do you know how many people out there might be 'jerks' and may have even way worse genes etc??!! (eg for illnesses/diseases/conditions etc)

I've seen people with extremely 'bad genes', but they are so full of life, artsy, creative, such joy to be with-?!!

Please don't assume you are 'just' your sweaty hands etc!! Most people won't even notice this, or will think nothing of it...

Nutrition can play a factor, research into this may be helpful too...