invitations

Carol

Do you ever feel hurt/rejected because you weren't invited to something that you didn't want to go to anyway? Or maybe the people hosting the event didn't even know you, but you felt rejected anyway? Why do I feel left-out in situations like that, when it makes no sense to get upset?

caitlynx

Sometimes when I overhear coworkers talking about stuff they're planning to do together I feel a twinge of hurt even though they're not purposely trying to exclude me. I'm sure if I were to speak up and say, "hey I wanna come", they'd be surprised but then they'd be happy to have me. It's just because we all want to be wanted by people... there's this song by the Dismemberment Plan called "You Are Invited" and it kinda sums this up for me..

Carol

Thanks for the reply. I agree, that's what it is... I just want to feel wanted, even if I don't want to do what the others are doing!

Yes yes yes. The whole entire school year with the people I pretended to sit with, they would like always always do stuff together on the weekends or weekday, and I was never invited. I mean everyone else but me? Thanks. I mean I would hear them doing it all the time, right in front of me. It was just annoying. In a whole year I have probably only done something with people twice. I feel like they all hate me.

chris87

This happened to me all the time in high school. My econ class was the worst for some reason. Everyone would always be talking about a party they were going to or something fun that they were doing with other people in the school. Of course, I was never invited to anything. I felt so out of place.