Initiating conversations...

Rise Against

In the past few days ive had 4 girls from my school start conversations with me on myspace. The problem is, is that i cant start conversations in person. When i see them we make eye contact and smile, but thats about it. I know that they want to get to know me but I cant get the courage to walk up and say "hey" in person. Its getting frustrating. But ill keep working at it, lol.

Anyone else have this problem?

lookyloo

I think about 90% of the people out there have this problem. The intensity of the anxiety will vary from person to person as soon as they walk up to the other person (in this case a girl) to start up a conversation. Some people will get moderatly anxious and some others will get very anxious. Anxiety comes from fear and the only way you get rid of fear is by exposing yourself to it. If talking to girls makes you nervous then try to talk to as many girls as you can...

Rise Against

I think about 90% of the people out there have this problem. The intensity of the anxiety will vary from person to person as soon as they walk up to the other person (in this case a girl) to start up a conversation. Some people will get moderatly anxious and some others will get very anxious. Anxiety comes from fear and the only way you get rid of fear is by exposing yourself to it. If talking to girls makes you nervous then try to talk to as many girls as you can...

yeah ive been trying to, but i freeze up sometimes and things get awkward... one just gave me her number and told me to text her :D.

MadCat

Definitely go the txt route, or talking online for a bit to feel more comfortable. That's what I did with my ex. That didn't work out as planned but anyway, txting can take a huge chunk of strain off you because you can think carefully before you respond, and aren't pressured at all to say stuff on the spot. Same with chatting online.