In need of some assistance

Raijin

been here for while lurking around but decide to post for a change so excuse my explaning skills

now on to it i have just turned twenty today and feel like im stuck nothing has changed at all not nothing im not satisfied with were i am at

how can i change this to be pleased with myself?

i know its not much to go off of sorry but any help would be appreciated

chris11

been here for while lurking around but decide to post for a change so excuse my explaning skills

now on to it i have just turned twenty today and feel like im stuck nothing has changed at all not nothing im not satisfied with were i am at

how can i change this to be pleased with myself?

i know its not much to go off of sorry but any help would be appreciated

Hey. The first thing that you have to do in order to get better is throughly analyze your situation. This means getting grips with exactlly what your problems are, why they are problems, the severity of the problems, and myriad other things. The goal is to have a very well defined problem as, at least for me, this enables you to think critically about it.

Next what you do is go to a therapist and tell him or her that you believe that you have SP or w/e and that you want to ameliorate and eventually elimiate the disease that has been plaguing you for ____ years. You talk about the various treatment options, you take antidepressants. Antidepressants and talk therapy can be combined to forge the great healing sword that can slay the monsters in a way that no other sword can.

Antidepressants significantlly improves most people's ability to cope with w/e diagnosis they have, from depression to panic attacks. In my case it was depression and SP with OCD features--apperently. While the relief is not immediate, it will inevitiably come after, adimitidly, pottentionally many trials (different drugs ect).

There are many treatment options when it comes to talk therapy, such as cognitive and exposure therapy. I would recomend a combination of both cogntive and exposure therapy-with antidepressants, of course. Naturally, the treatment that is ideal varies between personalities, so this may not be the best for you. It was, however, incrediblly effective for me. With a significant amount of effort, I was able to, more or less, reduce the severity of my symptoms to the normal range. Of course, there are things that still upset me, and things that I wouldn't comfortable doing , but the list shrinks with each passing day. Additionally, there are situations that a person may simply not want to be in. Regardless, in my case, the above treatment plan was fantastic.

So, in summary, spend a lot of time thinking about your problem. Intelectualize it--treat it as an object of inquiry, a problem that needs to be resolved after it has been well defined. Well it may take many months to improve to a point where you'de be satisfied leaving talk therapy and going on your own, you'll eventually get there. I did.

Hope this was helpful.

-Chris

Last edited by a moderator: