In aline with my previous post - real life story

this-is-why-im-hot

Ok call me judgemental when you have no idea why i have these strong opinions about suicide etc
well. my gran who is polish, came to england because she was in a death camp in africia during the second world war. the things she saw while their i havnt gotta go into, it was something me and you wil never have to see thank god. she survied on nettle soup and a glass of water a day. as far as she knew she was 5 mins away from death in the 6 years she was there. did she even contemplate suicide? no. she actualy at one point walked through snow, waist high to collect food for herself, and others in the camp to survive. at 89 she is still very much alive, and she is the centre of the family and looks after everyone in the family. she is of sound mind and always has a smile on her face. she looks after herself better than anyone i know. she knows first hand the miracle which is life.
My mother had to look after both my brothers who both have drug addictions, it was so bad she had to go to counciling to cope, it was painful to see, i know how miserable and depressed she was. but again suicide to her was not a option, insted she decided to help others in a similar situation to her, and ran a once a group session. I to on a number of occasions have had to run home from school because i thought my brother had overdosed on heroin and was dead. and a few times ive had to slap him out of going into a coma like states.

People with real problems do not have the time to panic wot others think about them, or wether they are any good at making conversation etc.

also if any one read the news paper about the 16 suicides in wales over the last few months, GOVERNMENT officials have blammed it on such sites as this, which discourages people from talking to people in person about things, and instead using chat rooms, which denies human contact of empathy and compassion and creates a further sense of lonlyness. which actualy backs up what ive been saying on the topic.

Generical

Well i can respect that but if you look back to see what you said earlier you pretty much offended every person on this site, it's cool to put your point across if you believe in it but try thinking before you type so you actually don't piss a load of people off.

Generical

Im sorry i know i should leave this but have you actually read what you wrote, i can only assume you haven't. Your last few posts have been against this forum and the people that use it and you say you didn't mean to offend anyone? I mean come on, how did you expect people to react?

Doomed2Die

You could say your sorry?

Nice story of sorts anyway, your gran sounds like a very strong willed individual. Of course talking in person about anything is better than over the net, the problem being of course those here who have SA, who have trouble with that sort of thing. Personally the discussion on suicide/whatever is enlightening since it's interesting to see other points of view.

A real problem is SA, huge things like family deaths and war usually level everyone and it becomes a necessity to focus on the problem... a by-product, not a soloution. Also goverment officials are not exaaactly the greatest source of information around for numerous reasons.

ofcourse ive read what i wrote! i didnt do it for the effect of offending people, thats what im saying, i wrote it because its a free country and i firmly stand by what i said, so therefore im not apolagising. the amount of people that insulted me with things nothing to do with the topic was amazing! but i dont want a apology.

and thanks, my gran is personal hero so thats appreaciated.

Doomed2Die

I agree with you in that your opinion is just that. Respectable.

I was mostly talking about your response, what with the attacking and name calling ect. Even IF it was called for, why not apologise? Agree that you and they wronged somehow and people should simmer down.

There is no need to argue or shout for opinions, you said so yourself, so stand by your word, if it means swallowing some pride, then what does it really matter?

This is of course if you really didnt mean to (something that is almost painfully obvious you enjoy doing), if it is just forget I mentioned anything.

AngelsTears85

Do you honestly think that the people that have and who are seriously thinking about suicide are just doing it because…They are at the lowest point in their lives and to them there is no other way out, things don’t look like they are going to get better, they don’t know what to do, they are frustrated, they don’t think that anyone will miss them and all the rest that goes with being in a deep state of depression… Well that is from my own experience anyway... of course I can’t speak for everyone…I think that you are trying to help but maybe you should look at the way in which you present your thoughts and opinions…Instead of belittling and degrading them how about a gentle hand up out of the depths and shadows of despair show them that someone actually cares about them and would be sad if they did go through with it…

I don’t know about everyone else but I am fighting for my life. Everyday is a struggle and a battle…

jamez

Ever heard of depression? Being or feeling suicidal is not always rational but when someone is feeling this more often than not they're in an irrational state. Because someone else in the world has a supposedly much harder life doesn't injustify the thoughts of suicide.

nikki_marie

Even though the way i put things. i do agree with you. aside what i think of the act itself, i think people who do come to that point have obviously got something up, it is not normal to be in that state of mind, but in reality, from the outside it is a stupid thing to do.
it all depends how you view compassion. i mean if someone who is over weight is crying because they are over weight, and food is how to cheer them up...is it compassionate to hand them food in atempt to comfort them? or is it compassionate to tell them to do something about it and get them to a join a gym?
sometimes u have to be cruel to be kind. I want to be a psychologist because i want to give people the skills so they themselves can improve their lives, that is not possible by saying there there i understand. You have to be to the point, do u want this or not?
what i always said to people contemplating commiting suicide is. Imagin you have just taken a overdose. your in the moment of actualy dying, and u suddenly realise u dont want to die...but its already to late. no ones in the house and ur too weak to get help. do you want to risk that? it usualy makes them cry.....but they also generally realise the stupidy of that situation and work through their problems.