• R&B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metal

• Indie/Alternative

• Total voters

orangeB

Hi, I suffer. Been suffering since junior high. use to love the spotlight, class clown and all. gained weight, was fat, was picked on. lost all self-esteem, began to blush, shyest person ever. i lost the weight, but i dont have my esteem. self hate, redness for no reason, depression and all that stuff. i'm 19 now and i'm sick of this bullshit. worst part is people dont understand and they expect you to be happy. you're to blame for not going out, for not having fun, for not being social, for not being like everyone else. anyways...yadda ydaa ydaa. i bitch too much about it already.

THE IMPORTANCE OF MUSIC.

Don't listen to pop music. It's a lie for two reasons: life does not work out that way and even the artists themselves and the most avid fans dont subscribe to any of the crap suggested in pop music. It'll actually just give you some false image of life that will make yours worse. we have trouble expressing ourselves. The truth is everyone is out for their own advantage...

You need to listen to heavy music. Lots of metal, slipknot and trivium are good. It represents how you already feel.

THAT SAID

Look, in psychology there is a lot of studying on reinforcement. That is, its strongly believed that repeatedly taking in certain feelings, ideas or views will increase likelihood of changing one's outlook (studies show those who watch tv more than a few hours a day have a worse outlook on life). So, as a matter of fact we shouldn't be listening to metal music, since it reinforces our depressed views about the world, making it hard to escape.

IN THE END

I really dont care...I can't stop listening to how much the word sucks and how full of shit people are. I say either start listening to heavy music or begin. At this point it will only make you feel better, but oddly enough it wont improve your situation one bit.

Vancouver

The only 'cure' I've found music-wise is that ambient and chillout/downtempo can reduce my anxiety by a lot. When you think about it, that's what shyness is. An anxiety overload.

However, I like to balance shit out. Listen to some ambient chill-out stuff over here, get down with some flowing hip hop tunes, and cycle back around to brutal death metal music with lyrics about killing people. Whatever floats your boat.

Polarity

..your poll missed some genres...im into electronic based soundscapes..but i agree..music is therapy

Winter

I listen to most forms of rock/metal. I guess it helps me just to relax and forget about everything

sidney

Yeah i listen to heavy metal and rock, it does tend to help me vent my frustration or anger :twisted: yeoooo for rock music!!

aj

I listen to most mainstream kind of things - ooh, fear my individuality! I suppose different music does different things... heavy stuff might make your energy start flowing, giving you confidence, ambient stuff might make you relax about things more. Or either might just help you forget about your problems.

If you have certain stuff that makes you feel good, then you have your reasons for that, and whatever it is it will probably make you feel... well, good.

Joldo

Listen to Morrissey/The Smiths, the lyrics are incredible. They relate to anyone who has SA/SP so much. Without these songs, i don't know where I would be. Lyrics to live by.