impatience.

Its like this: every time i feel impatient my anxiety skyrockets. but i'm always feeling impatient, and i can't help it, just like i can't help my panic attacks and stop them from happening.

does anyone else know what i'm talking about? =/

coyote

I find that I lose my patience very easily when I'm anxious.

When I'm relaxed and/or confident about something, I have all the patience in the world.

EscapeArtist

^ Yeah i'm like this

When things are out of our control (making us anxious) we feel a deep desire to take control over them.

It's all about getting your body/mind used to a certain state of mind. If you are constantly worried/anxious/impatient/etc., that will be your natural state of being and what your body/mind will naturally return to after you experience different states - such as calmness/confidence/etc.

So change your natural state of being by actively changing the way you think and feel. Practice meditation/relaxation techniques - rational thinking techniques (such as CBT excercises), acceptance (accept that you're this way, don't feel bad about it, and accept how much work/dedication you are willing to put into improving this and be glad about it) and thankfulness (consciously realize what you have in your life that you are thankful for - such as health, a job, healthy family, a good friend, a good lover, etc.) These are the things that have helped me to slowly change my natural state of mind from that of an anxious/paranoid one to a chill/clear-thinking/carefree one ;).

It's all about getting your body/mind used to a certain state of mind. If you are constantly worried/anxious/impatient/etc., that will be your natural state of being and what your body/mind will naturally return to after you experience different states - such as calmness/confidence/etc.

So change your natural state of being by actively changing the way you think and feel. Practice meditation/relaxation techniques - rational thinking techniques (such as CBT excercises), acceptance (accept that you're this way, don't feel bad about it, and accept how much work/dedication you are willing to put into improving this and be glad about it) and thankfulness (consciously realize what you have in your life that you are thankful for - such as health, a job, healthy family, a good friend, a good lover, etc.) These are the things that have helped me to slowly change my natural state of mind from that of an anxious/paranoid one to a chill/clear-thinking/carefree one ;).

this is perfectly understandable. thanks a lot:)
yeah, i never thought about it that way, because before i had panic attacks, i never thought like this. but it seems to make more sense than anything else. sometimes it just seems like i can't deal with it anymore because its so scary. yknow?