i'm sad

durda_dan

my ocd was rather hard this week, i don't want medicine, But i do want a theripist, and i am going to go back to canada soon, so i didn't want to look for a theripist in china because i would be gone soon. well anyway.
i went scouring the internet for theripists where i am, and all of shanghai has under 100 theripists. a city of 20 million has 100 theripists. Now thats low enough
But most of them don't speak english
brings down the number to about 40
then the ones who can speak english never went to a proper medical therepy school because mental health isn't taken seriously in china.
brings the number down to about 5
and the remaining ones who have proper training, and are able to help and deal with the problem all work at one hospital
the next problem is that you need medical insurance *which is virtually inexistant in china * and i don't have it, and even with insurance a general consoltation before the doctors will even bother to look at you, costs 2600 RMB which is just under half of my monthly pay, and every visit after that is even more. which means i have no money to see a therepist, it's basicly not going to happen.

now i am a little depressed.:(

there are some psychologists at the church in shanghai that volunteer. but i don't know if they could help me as much as i would need.

20080611.jpg

Last edited:

Ashiene

durda_dan, na ni wei she me bu yao deng dao ni hui jia na da cai qu kan yi sheng? ni yi jing zhi dao zai zhong guo zhao bu dao hao de yi sheng, jiu bu yao lang fei ni de shi jian he RMB zhao le. Wo geng ni shuo, wo you zhong guo peng you ye gao shu wo ta men ye shi dui zhi ji de yi sheng mei xing ren. You heng duo zhong guo ren qu guo lai zhao hao de yi sheng lai zhi yu ta men de bing. Ni xu yao deng duo jiu cai ke yi huei dao jia na da ne?

durda_dan

durda_dan, na ni wei she me bu yao deng dao ni hui jia na da cai qu kan yi sheng? ni yi jing zhi dao zai zhong guo zhao bu dao hao de yi sheng, jiu bu yao lang fei ni de shi jian he RMB zhao le. Wo geng ni shuo, wo you zhong guo peng you ye gao shu wo ta men ye shi dui zhi ji de yi sheng mei xing ren. You heng duo zhong guo ren qu guo lai zhao hao de yi sheng lai zhi yu ta men de bing. Ni xu yao deng duo jiu cai ke yi huei dao jia na da ne?

zhidao, danshi wo de OCD rang wo xiang yi xiang bu hao de dong xi, wo hai you 5 ge yue, wo hui jia ranghou wo bi xu deng 3 ge yue wo de "medical insurance" zai jia na da.
suo yi, hai you 8 ge yue. wo hao tao yan,

pandamonium77

I wish i could understand
but yea that sucks, so i'd wait until you get back to canada
anxiety can't kill you, but its hard to get through
'try' to get your mind off of it, rent a lot of movies or do something you enjoy to keep you occupied