I'm Not Sure If This Is A Disorder Or Not :confused:

Rainbow7

Since my early teen years, My family && even some friends have been making fun of my eating habits. I would normally just brush it off or laugh with them pretending it doesn't bother me, but pretty soon it started to more && more. It's been happening a lot more recently from my family. They say things like "You use to be so much smaller than you are now, you should do some sit ups" Or "Omg that is wayy to much food on your plate". Theirs a billion more but it hurts to just type it. I noticed that I began to only eat when no one was around to just barely eating. I'm deathly afraid to talk to someone professionally about it because I'm scared they'll say I developed some kind of eating disorder. I already have enough baggage, I feel like adding that on would make me a burden. My parents are constantly blaming me for things I can't help, so I feel adding that on would make things 10 times worse. To be honest, I only weigh about 130 pounds && My boyfriend says I'm fine just the way I am, so I don't know why it hurts me so bad when people say these things. It's like every time I eat or while I'm preparing my meal, I hear these mean voices in my head of exactly what my family and friends tell me about my eating. It sometimes overwhelms me and I can barely eat without shaking. What do you think? Has anyone else ever went through this before?

Section_31

oh jeez, 130 lbs?? youve got nothing to worry about!! thats healthy! how tall are you??

i SORT of had a similar problem but it was mostly because i jsut didnt know when to stop eating. Even when i felt full i loved the taste of whatever i was eating so much id eat an extra helping. it was only when i became unhappy with my body i stopped and started working out more, but no one ever commented on me physically.

Sacrament

Do you feel like you're eating too much? I mean, 130 pounds isn't a lot, at all. If they do say something to you, just laugh it off and say "well, I'm pretty hungry, and this food looks delicious!" or something of the sort. Don't forget that the more embarassed you look, the more excuses you give them to keep going. If you shrug it off and make a few jokes, they'll leave you alone.

You can also say "wouldn't it be worse if I wasn't eating at all?"

Rainbow7

oh jeez, 130 lbs?? youve got nothing to worry about!! thats healthy! how tall are you??

i SORT of had a similar problem but it was mostly because i jsut didnt know when to stop eating. Even when i felt full i loved the taste of whatever i was eating so much id eat an extra helping. it was only when i became unhappy with my body i stopped and started working out more, but no one ever commented on me physically.

I Am 5'6 && Thanks for commenting ! :)

Rainbow7

Do you feel like you're eating too much? I mean, 130 pounds isn't a lot, at all. If they do say something to you, just laugh it off and say "well, I'm pretty hungry, and this food looks delicious!" or something of the sort. Don't forget that the more embarassed you look, the more excuses you give them to keep going. If you shrug it off and make a few jokes, they'll leave you alone.

You can also say "wouldn't it be worse if I wasn't eating at all?"

I feel like I'm eating normally like everyone else but I feel that other people see that differently than I do && that's what scares me. I do joke around with them but after awhile that wears thin and it really starts to get to me. Btw, Thanks for commenting:)

this_portrait

130 lbs sounds pretty healthy for your height, so I don't know why your family and friends seem to think you've gained a significant amount of weight. I don't think you have a disorder, but it's the types of comments you're receiving that often lead many girls (and even guys) to develop an eating disorder.