I'm alone..and now it's getting worse

KRose

So, less than two months ago I moved to MO, but just for the summer (I go back to college after). Being away from all my friends has caused me to be more anxious. Usually it's not so bad, but today I could hardly speak to strangers or look them in the eye. I stumble with my words and don't smile. I don't remember the last time I couldn't do that.

Anyway, I was wondering if that happens to anyone else. Does being away from friends/people you can be confident around cause you to be more anxious?

It could also be because I'm stressed at work since I'm forced to converse with hundreds of strangers daily..either way I'm confused

EasySkankin

So, less than two months ago I moved to MO, but just for the summer (I go back to college after). Being away from all my friends has caused me to be more anxious. Usually it's not so bad, but today I could hardly speak to strangers or look them in the eye. I stumble with my words and don't smile. I don't remember the last time I couldn't do that.

Anyway, I was wondering if that happens to anyone else. Does being away from friends/people you can be confident around cause you to be more anxious?

It could also be because I'm stressed at work since I'm forced to converse with hundreds of strangers daily..either way I'm confused

It's because you're alone. I used to be very depressed when I had no one to talk to... I live with some family of mine now though and I'm a lot better... even well on my way to beating my SA :D.

I would recommend calling some friends from college... or making new friends, but presuming you have SA, that might not be possible :p

KRose

Yeah, now that I think of it I am pretty depressed. Usually I feel like the happiest person on the planet, but lately I've been crying and just hoping for someone's attention. Being sad is soooo rare for me, and it's weird.

That's one of the reasons I go on here..because I know there's always someone who'll try and help me and distract me from being alone.

KRose

Thanks, you too!!Well next week I'm going back to where i used to be for 11 years, and I can be with people I know again.

Right now, I'm living in a small town an have no friends. I just feel so out of place here, and there's nothing to do.