anobody1

I have no substance in interaction.
I'm not witty,
I'm not smart,
I'm not wise,
I'm not initiative,
I'm not talkative,
I'm not attractive,

Which as a result makes me unapproachable to people. A 'useless' human being , nothing but garbage. Forgotten by others, fading into oblivion.

I don't bear this quality that stimulates peoples interest.

No appeal, no action, no sound do I do that can pr.ick the ears of others.

I'm just like a plastic bag floating away in the distance.

No matter how kind I am, how faithful and loyal.
No matter how sincere I am. There's nothing I can do to draw other peoples attention. :sad:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I have no substance in interaction.
I'm not witty,
I'm not smart,
I'm not wise,
I'm not initiative,
I'm not talkative,
I'm not attractive,

Which as a result makes me unapproachable to people. A 'useless' human being , nothing but garbage. Forgotten by others, fading into oblivion.

I don't bear this quality that stimulates peoples interest.

No appeal, no action, no sound do I do that can pr.ick the ears of others.

I'm just like a plastic bag floating away in the distance.

No matter how kind I am, how faithful and loyal.
No matter how sincere I am. There's nothing I can do to draw other peoples attention. :sad:

Sorry ye feelin' that way... Ah cun actually relate, mainly coz that how ah feel aboot masel'.

anobody1

Thanks...

Recently I was with this guy, he was so good looking, very talkative and witty. He keeps getting calls and messages on his phone, it's unbelievable. I wish I was that guy.

zraktor

Banned
You can be that guy too. Don't limit yourself now. Maybe the secret is not to care. To really not care.

MikeyC

How can you be sure you're all these things? Some people may find you kind-hearted and supportive, which are great friendship qualities. :)

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I'm not witty,
I'm not smart,
I'm not wise,
I'm not initiative,
I'm not talkative,
I'm not attractive:

For a second there I thought I had written this post myself and forgotten about it.
I know how you feel. But what can we do?
Simply keep on hoping our lives will take an unforseen twist that will one day lead us to happiness.

ScaredToBreathe

Hi! Such a poetic post just to say you're "useless," you write well though. I can empathize with these things. I have these thoughts all the time too. Most of the time I feel invisible; most people don't even seem to notice me around...even when I'm standing right there in the room with them...like an hour later someone will finally say "oh how long have you been right there I didn't know you were here." The whole time. Just invisible to everyone around me...

Remember that you often have these degrading thoughts because you are depressed or have developed an inferiority complex, not because they're true. You are not alone in this experience. There are always other people that are weirder, less attractive (by society's "standards"), less talkative, less intelligent than you are, and many of them get by just fine. We are all just people; try to look at the situation for what it is, not what you think it is. Ie. Try not to think "no one likes me" or "I'm worthless" because you are making "facts" up to fit your emotions. You may feel worthless and useless, but that doesn't mean you are! Know that you're having these negative thoughts but the facts are that logically most people will NOT see you in a negative light as you see yourself. When you hear someone else make these negative assumptions about themselves you'd probably think, "no, it's not true that you're boring or won't make a good friend" instead of thinking, "yea what a total loser" like that person would expect you to think. And if anyone ever says something like that to you, THEY'RE the one with a problem, not you. They're the one that's being disrespectful, hateful, or ignorant, especially if they don't know the real you. If you saw you from a third person perspective, or a person similar to you, would you say those things? Would you see that person and immediately think they're stupid or ugly or boring? Probably not: our self-criticisms are just in our heads.

Argentum

I have the same experience, but others consider me smart and sympathetic enough to be a temporary tool. I'm welcome to help them with their assignments, show them how to use features on their netbook, or listen to their problems and receive compliments about what a good person I am, but I'm not welcome to help myself to any sympathy in return or to be cared about as a human being.

What was that people used to say about kindness and being a friend getting you friends? Hmm...

I guess it's why I loathe those types of super-nice people you see around. They do exactly what I've done, but they're rewarded for it while no amount of honesty and genuine good intention to be more understanding towards others got me anything but callousness. At least there's one person in the world who doesn't like them: me.

Last edited: