If you're going to purchase an ionto device than read this..

DaaaBulls

I wanted to help anyone that is thinking about purchasing an Ionto device. I am recommending this seller for no other reason than I think that he provides the best customer service I have ever been associated with.

His name is Markus Bindner and he sells the two types of Idromed devices as well as the two different Hidrex machines, as well as other Iontophorisis equipment.

He has just recently provided another instance of exceptional customer service and I wanted to repay him by sharing it with other people. My Idromed PC started malfunctioning a few weeks ago. He sent me $56 to my banking account for me to ship the device from the USA to Germany. He then sent me the top of the line Hidrex unit as a replacement while he fixes my Idromed, at no cost to me at all. It's not everyday that someone is willing to pay over $50 for a shipping expense and send another unit for me to use while mine is being repaired. Not to mention that his warranty program is extremely good. I get the machine fixed at no cost to me.

This isn't the only time he has provided this type of service. When I initially purchased my unit a few years ago he sent me an Idromed DC instead of an Idromed PC by mistake. After I told him this he immediately sent me a PC device, he let me use the DC device until my PC device arrived and then he had me mail my DC device to someone else in my country and he paid for the shipping, and then he debited me almost $100 back into my account because of the mistake. That is pretty awesome if you ask me.

He also has a forum on his site that is for customers but it has by far the best and most useful information that I have ever found regarding iontophorisis. He is some what of an expert at Ionto. Without the information on the site I would never have been able to even come close to getting Ionto to work. For example, I used to fill the trays up over my fingertips with water, only to have my nails and the area under my nail hurt extremely bad. I told him this and he referred me to a section on the forum that talks about how filling the trays up just a few centimeters makes treatment work much better, and to not have it reach the nails on the fingers. This made treatment work much better. This is just one example, there have been numerous times I have had questions or concerns and have asked him and his suggestions are always right. He has a ton of tips and pointers and I think anyone who does Iontophorisis can agree, that the frustrating thing with Ionto is that you have to spend years experimenting with it to find what works best. Well this forum takes away all of that trial and error and saves years worth of experimenting. Not to mention he has staff working 5-6 days a week and when you ask a question they usually respond within a couple of hours, sometimes much much quicker. I have had on multiple occasions Markus or his staff respond after 12:30 AM Germany time, so they are willing to help even when it is extremely late, they are really good with customer service.

Anyways, this isn't a marketing plug. I just want people to know that if you are going to spend a lot of money on an Iontophorisis than you should also think about the type of follow up service you are going to get with your device. Markus and his support group are like having professionals that are on call and their only job is to help you. They really are awesome when it comes to helping. Like I said before, they have given me $100 just because they sent me the wrong machine. Then they give me nearly $60 for me to ship my device back to them and they are fixing it for free. Then they ship me a top of the line Hidrex PSP 1000 for me to use while they fix my machine. They don't try and find any type of loophole when it comes to providing service, they are truly there to help. I have never had one instance where I felt like they didn't go above and beyond when helping me with any questions I had. Some of the time Markus would send me private messages so that I could go into more detail about a problem and he would give incredibly detailed and thorough answers specifically for my problem. It almost seems like they are there to help more than they are there to make money.

I hope people consider all of this when they buy a unit, and I encourage others who have purchased from Markus to speak up.

To look at his website go here: Iontophoresis device idromed prevents sweating, successful for sweaty hands, feet and the armpits.

To look at his forum go here: Index - Excessive Sweating Forum

Last edited:

Amherst

I can second this. I've had truly excellent service from Markus. He replaced my Hidrex-500 gratis after more than a year since one part had never worked properly (and is picking up the tab for the shipment to Germany). Since I travel to Germany regularly, he also sent me a free plug-in for Germany. When ionto stopped working at one point, he suggested checking changes in the water quality, and it turns out that our water company had indeed just changed its system of filtration, leading to a different mineral balance and decrease efficacy. I don't want to sound like a promotional either, but sometimes when you find something that works, you have to point it out.

Amherst

PS: For those buying iontophoresis machines in the U.S. and who have set up a flexible spending account, you can use your flexible spending money account (which consists of pre-tax dollars) to pay for it. You'll need a prescription from a physician and a description of why iontophoresis is medically necessary. But going this way saved me approximately 37 percent of the purchase price - or several hundred dollars. The only hassle was that the fine folks in the flexible spending reimbursement office had no clue what a "You-row", i.e. "Euro," was. It took several days and several conversations with several superiors in the office to work through this one and the related concept of currency exchange.

DaaaBulls

I am very much curious about water quality when it comes to Iontophorisis. I believe it plays a huge part in whether or not the treatment works. Can you go into more detail on what type of water quality works for you Amherst?

Amherst

There's a lot of discussion out there as to what water make-up leads to the
best results; you can find some of the earlier threads and posts on this site.
I suspect that, as with everything in medicine, a lot depends on one's own molecular and genetic make-up: what works for some won't work for others, given our own unique composition.

But what has been working for me: using Ice Mountain spring water I have been purchasing cheaply from Costco. Evian works very well, but it is much more costly. I was just up in Wisconsin and had success with the local tap water, which is so high in iron that some of my clothes started to turn slightly reddish after a few washes. I tried rainwater, which didn't work at all for me, presumably because of the low mineral content.

With the Hidrex 500 PS, I use direct current for my feet (usually 45 Volts), pulsed current for my hands (about 34 volts), usually about twice a week. Sometimes I'll treat myself more, sometimes less (every ten days). I actually find that it's much easier to use iontophoresis in the summer, since the humidity levels here are so much higher and I don't have exposed wounds because of the low humidity levels.

I'm going to experiment with using iontophoresis on other parts of the body, since my sweating is now generalized.

Hope this helps a bit.

Amherst