If your goal is to decrease sweating and not completely banish it...

Rexus

Here's what the Dr. prescribed me:

1/2 pill 5 mg Ditropan twice daily with breakfast and dinner.
Deanxit pill with breakfast
Atarax 25 before sleep

Ditropan at high doses hurts but at low doses it will just decrease the amount of saliva and sweat we produce, and it will help with the problem of frequent urination. He told me people with overactive sympathetic nervous system frequently urinate so Ditropan at these low doses should be helpful.

Deanxit decreases the overall tone of the sympathetic nervous system and it gets better with time since the sympathetic nervous system starts to become less active.

Atarax helps with both sweating and sleep.

OTHER TIPS:

- maintain a low BMI the normal weight is between 18.5-24.9 BMI and the middle of that is around 21.7 so that would be a perfect BMI to maintain (I'm aiming for 18.5 but since I want plenty of muscle I'm aiming for 21.7).

Why would this help? Besides looking good and getting a confidence boost, the low fat percentage should help your body respond better to medicines (and any supplements you want to take).

- Try to workout in the morning. Eat your breakfast, then do your workout. An hour to an hour and a half is good, 20 to 30 min of which should be cardiovascular exercise (running, biking, etc.). This should help you shed plenty of sweat and have less sweat throughout the day.

- By decreasing your sympathetic tone, you should respond better to topical antiperspirants and iontophoresis.

- For food, if you're not vegetarian, a warrior/zone/paleolithic diet would be perfect. Eat salad with every meal + protein (that can be fish, chicken, turkey, lean meat, etc.). If you want to take carbohydrates with other sources than vegetables, take it in the form of whole wheat products, such as brown rice. A bowl or two a day with your meals should be enough. Try to skimp on fruits and avoid sweet, chips, and other junk food.

I think if you do all these together, you should see a great improvement in your sweating. We focus to much on getting rid of the sweating completely, but really, isn't a 50/60% decrease in your sweating good too?

I'd also add a betablocker like inderal into the mix since that would help with anxiety.

Hope some people find this helpful. I will update you in six weeks and tell you how things are going. Good luck.

Rexus

He also told me I can take moxonidine which is prescribed for hypertension since it reduces overall sympathetic nervous system tone as well, but I'm sticking with deanxit for the moment and will add it into the mix if this regime seems weak.

overcome.

I'm going to look into these, thanks very much and make sure you let us know how it goes. I'm currently taking a beta blocker (propanolol), I have a doctors appointment next week where I'll bring up some things, plus these medication/s. Thanks again.

Sprawling

Rexus: Keep us informed of how your latest treatment works. It's pretty cool you are willing to try most anything. Whatever happened to getting a second round of botox? I hope the latest treatment works well for you.