Ice Bucket Challenge

fate12321

Not yet. I've seen some videos of my class mates from high school doing it. If they nominate one of my 3 closest friends, I'm pretty sure they'll nominate me for the challenge, thing is, I don't know who to nominate if I do it. I highly doubt my friends would do the challenge though.

I think the challenge is pretty creative. It's for a good cause of course.

Last edited:

worrywort

My brother nominated me yesterday, but I'm not going to do it, and I feel quite strongly about it too. To me it's just peer pressure. It's just like those chain mail messages you get that say, if you don't participate and pass it on, you're a bad person and bad things will happen to you.

I'm sure some good can come out of it, like the raised awareness and donations for ALS. But why ALS? Would you ordinarily donate to them if there were no ice bucket challenge involved? I don't think people are participating because they identify with ALS more so than any other charity. I think people are doing it because they fear what their peers will think of them if they don't. If you don't participate you look like an uncaring scrooge, a coward and a killjoy. Giving should be from the heart, not coerced.

This article I agree with - Ice the Peer Pressure » The Rochesterian