I wish I could protect him

dannyboy65

(Warning Swearing)

This little boy who looks up to me to be his father is a victim of bullying at daycare. I love him to absolute death, he is the sweetest little boy and I see him as my own son.

At his daycare though he is being bullied by a 7 year old (he is 3). This kid harasses our boy all day and then when we bring it up to the daycare they say they don't believe in ****ing disciplining the children. So not only is this kid getting away with it, he isn't being told that it is wrong.

Today this 7 year old went and pulled the tricycle from under our boy and scraped his elbow. He felt so afraid that he didn't tell on the 7 year old. This shit has to ****ing stop he's a 3 year old living in fear because of this bully.

I think the best course of action is speaking to this kid's parents directly; they are really the only ones who can do anything. If the bad behavior persists after that and the day care is still unwilling to discipline, I would switch day care providers.

Are there any people higher up than the people you've brought it up to? Because it sounds like whomever said that it's not viable disciplining kids when they're doing something bad doesn't know what he/she is doing, and needs a slap on the wrist him/herself. It's not exactly exclusively parental authority to tell kids not to be mean to other kids.

And alternatively, is it possible to find another daycare that isn't so lacks about bullying if the problem persists?

dannyboy65

My girlfriend has told the parents of the boy and they said they would talk to him and he still does it.

Sacrament

Tell his parents that he's still bullying the kid, and tell the people at daycare that if they don't make it stop, you'll take the kid to some other daycare where they actually care for the kids. Show them his elbow.

AlienGeranium

Like other people said, if switching daycare's is an option it might be a good idea. It sounds like this one practices a child rearing philosophy you don't agree with.