I want to stop being like this.

spikefan777

It's getting me nowhere.

I'm going to end up a complete loser, who goes home with mommy and daddy the moment after I'm handed my high school diploma at graduation. I'll go home to watch 10 hours of television while at the same time thinking about how everyone else is out partrying, enjoying themselves and celebrating. :(

I won't get accepted into college, despite that I have a 4.0, because I don't ever plan on doing any extracircular activities or volunteering for community service because of all the social aspects that go with it.

I doubt even McDonalds would hire me because my shyness would make all of the customers uncomfortable. They'd lose buissness because returning customers would see me working at the counter and decide to go to Burger King instead. :( Cause the employees are Burger King are SO much more confident. :roll: They probably wouldn't even let me prepare food in the back because shy people are often seen as narks and no way could they chance their mystery meat being uncovered.

Argh, and I'll never get married because I can't talk to guys. Guys like girls who can talk. :(

Since I'll be unemployed and husbandless, there's no way I'll ever be able afford a place of my own. I'll live with my parents forever and they'll continue to give me my $10 a week allowance. :(

Richey

and yet the opposite will likely ring true for you because youve already identified that you want to change things, your still quite young as well so just hang in there and ride it out

spikefan777

Richey said:
and yet the opposite will likely ring true for you because youve already identified that you want to change things, your still quite young as well so just hang in there and ride it out

You think? :?

Richey

i canse sense it, its just an intuition, your going to be a success! i would talk to you

dazedandconfused

I felt the SAME EXACT WAY my freshman year in high school! Things have dramatically changed this year. Now I'm hanging out with 5 or 6 people almost every night, and we party on weekends!

They only way you're going to make friends is to go out there and start cracking! Start small - maybe with the girl who sits next to you in 1st period, or the cute guy who has a locker next to yours. It doesn't even have to be conversation. Everyone loves a smile. If you smile at them every time you see them, chances are they will talk to you instead of you having to take the first step.
Best of luck, and don't despair.

Clash

spikefan777 said:
I doubt even McDonalds would hire me because my shyness would make all of the customers uncomfortable. They'd lose buissness because returning customers would see me working at the counter and decide to go to Burger King instead. :( Cause the employees are Burger King are SO much more confident. :roll: They probably wouldn't even let me prepare food in the back because shy people are often seen as narks and no way could they chance their mystery meat being uncovered.

No one is that irrational.

If you don't have a job. I really suggest you get one. That can really make a difference in your social life. I've dated more girls that I worked with than at school. And I have seen the same in other people.

Septor

spikefan777 said:
It's getting me nowhere.

I'm going to end up a complete loser, who goes home with mommy and daddy the moment after I'm handed my high school diploma at graduation. I'll go home to watch 10 hours of television while at the same time thinking about how everyone else is out partrying, enjoying themselves and celebrating. :(

I won't get accepted into college, despite that I have a 4.0, because I don't ever plan on doing any extracircular activities or volunteering for community service because of all the social aspects that go with it.

Argh, and I'll never get married because I can't talk to guys. Guys like girls who can talk. :(

Since I'll be unemployed and husbandless, there's no way I'll ever be able
afford a place of my own. I'll live with my parents forever and they'll continue to give me my $10 a week allowance. :(

Don't be so hard on your self spikefan777.You're still young.You know that you have a problem and you know what you want to change.Don't freak your self out by thinking about all the horrible future you could have.Just take it one day at a time,improving in small way.Just baby steps.Everything is not going to change over night.Just keep the hope.

dazedandconfused

Nope definitely not. The worst that can come out of a job interview is a "no". It's not like it will ruin your reputation or anything.

SadSmile

all i can suggest you is to find a job!
i know it can be hard to go to job interviews,
but dont stop trying.
try to work in a nice place, maybe with people at your age status.

you must fill your life with something that will make you busy
and teach you how to handle communicating...
never give up!
good luck! :D

easy

spikefan777 said:
Thanks you guys. :D

But seriously, wouldn't I mess up if I were to go in for a job interview?

A better question is: would it matter if you messed it up?

There's not much of a difference between not going to a job interview and messing a job interview up. Messing it up won't kill you! If you don't fear messing it up, you won't fear it, so you can go there and be relaxed. That way you probably wouldn't mess it up! lol