I think I'm dead

Argamemnon

I may be physically alive, but have never felt like this before. I feel dead inside. I feel so bad that I can't imagine that this is merely caused by depression. It's as if my body and soul have separated. I don't feel human anymore. I can't think, I can't function, and I can't feel anything.

It's hard to explain, but I'm absolutely convinced that this is something beyond depression. I have never felt so hopeless. I fear that I can never work again and function normally in society.

I also wonder if my current desperate state can be attributed to all those years of social isolation. As we all know, environmental factors are important in the development of mental illnesses.

I don't know what to do, other than making an appointment with a psychiatrist. Is this it, is this my life, my destiny? As time passes I end up feeling much worse instead of feeling better.

I'm left with nothing else than my religion and my belief in God. I hope God will one day answer my prayers. Regardless of which factors triggered my mental illness, it seems that I have no choice but to resign myself to this situation.

ioanna

hi.sometimes i feel the same like you..only when i do something that i like its ok,but some other times nothing changes how i feel.you should try to find something you like dont quit coz life is wonderful no matter what happens.i m afraid of many things and still i think life is great even if we have problems

Argamemnon

Also, when I have to concentrate on something, or even when I think about something, I feel terribly anxious and confused. The only thing I'm able to do is sit and do nothing. It's so hard to explain :cry:

There's actually a disease called Walking Corpse Syndrome? or something like that where people actually believe they're dead, weird. You're not dead inside, you're just disconnected from everything around you. I think I feel kind of similar because it's like nothing is real, it's like viewing something from the outside and just being completely frozen. I don't know, it's hard to explain and I'm probably one of the worst to try to explain anything. bleh.

terrified

I think I know what you mean by feeling like a death. Take it as a sign that you need to take care of yourself and your body is letting you know it. When I feel like this, I try to do the minimum of things that I have to do and try to take it easy on myself. I watch movies. I take a long bath. It helps me to recover faster.