I think i have clinical depression.

Emma22w

so these past few weeks i have been severely depressed, and have been suffering from some panic attacks. Its like i cant be happy no matter what. i know that people are worse off than me, but im so unhappy with myself. i have very low self esteem. I was very overprotected as a child and whatnot, so now i dont know how to be independent when its time to be. Im 17, and i quit school back in october due to social anxiety/panic attacks. From there, ive went downhill. I had a job a few weeks ago, but wasnt able to work because of my problems. its like i couldnt focus. At all. It was horrible. but i NEED money in order to get my GED. I want all of the finer things in life. i want to be on everyone else's level who is my age... i just feel hopeless, and like no one cares. except for my family. and i cant even talk to them about how i feel because they bitch at me and tell me im not depressed.

Danimal

Keep your head up! Dont worry about fitting in so much as standing out. Be the best you you can be. Find something you love to do, and do it the best you can. You'll develop your own personality that you love. I finally realized drawing is what I love to do. It motivates me to the fullest. I take the confidence I get from drawing and use it to fuel the other parts of my life. Maybe you should try talking to someone like a therapist, sit your family down and ask them to set up an appointment for one.

NinjaLikesToast

Your story is very similar to mine. I quit school when I was 17 as well and tried to do the GED courses but I never finished.. Holding a job is not easy either, I have been lucky with that so far. The hardest thing for me to do is ask for help. I feel like I am just getting in the way of someones life when I do that.. My parents never really understood what I was going through, and for the short time that I went to a therapist nothing was accomplished other than making me feel very uncomfortable.
Try to keep your mind busy with something, that's really the only advice I can give you.. I do it by reading books or playing some video games. If you let it dominate your mind, eventually it will lead to panic attacks.