I think I figured out my main problem

Ren Koutaisou

Ok so for most of this year, I have been wasting time inside the house doing the same things just like the rest of my family members.
Now I am starting to really realize that we are all different. I like being out more than anyone but the only opportunities I have to be outside is when I'm working, because I don't have any friends who are into the things I'm into.
I strongly believe that all I need to do is find a club or a few friends but I don't have a clue how to do it.
The thing is, I absolutely CAN NOT stay inside the house all day, because if I do, I start to lose more and more hope.

What can I do about this? I checked craigslist and the newspaper, and all I can think of is buying more newspapers to find local activites.
And by the way, I have little to no money to spend, so I can't buy my way out of this.

PennyLane

Being home all the time doing nothing is miserable, isn't it...i hate it too!

I was really sunny this weekend and all i wanted were some people to head to the beach with, sit outside have some lunch go to a beer garden...such normal things that seem almost impossible!

I think its great your trying to change this.....i was thinking maybe you could look into community college courses, that arent very expensive and normally run for a few months. Theres normally loads of different ones and if you hate it, it wont last too long but at least you'd see the same people every week :)

PennyLane

Being home all the time doing nothing is miserable, isn't it...i hate it too!

I was really sunny this weekend and all i wanted were some people to head to the beach with, sit outside have some lunch go to a beer garden...such normal things that seem almost impossible!

I think its great your trying to change this.....i was thinking maybe you could look into community college courses, that arent very expensive and normally run for a few months. Theres normally loads of different ones and if you hate it, it wont last too long but at least you'd see the same people every week :)

Ren Koutaisou

I have definitely considered going back to community college, probably will go back in January, when I have a bit of money saved up for books and class fees. I'm going to try to meet as many people as I can, I'm going to snipe every excuse by then, hopefully, and gain some substance.

But for the next 2 and a half days, I've got nowhere to go except the dining room to study, and immediately outside of my house.

Ren Koutaisou

It's hard to get my family to come anywhere, even just to the park. I keep thinking of ditching them for other people to hang out with (friends) but unfortunately I have none right now. I have to learn how to talk to people soon.

doesit

thats not a problem you have :) because theres like million activities outside where you have to participate and you dont need money for them.Problem is if youre affraid to to take or participate in something social,so i guess you need to think again whats holding you back.