i only meet new people by accident/luck

JonnyD

someone said it before , but i think a threat would be nice...

All my life i only meet people by acident /luck, i never just began a friendship because i wanted, my only friends i meet in work , in school, in college... and they were the ones who spoke to me first (i know that many of them are shy, but they had the gusts)

and gereally when they change jobs, or finish school/college i simplily lose them, some of them even try to keep the friendship but i get so distant =(

I never meet someone in anyother way, i can't think of any other way to get to know people.

deadgrl

luck

me too johnnyd i've only met people by luck like coworkers etc.
you're not alone on that one

aj

Yes, I'm exactly the same. It's hard because even if you get more confidence, you still have nobody to try it with.

Jin

someone said it before , but i think a threat would be nice...

All my life i only meet people by acident /luck, i never just began a friendship because i wanted, my only friends i meet in work , in school, in college... and they were the ones who spoke to me first (i know that many of them are shy, but they had the gusts)

and gereally when they change jobs, or finish school/college i simplily lose them, some of them even try to keep the friendship but i get so distant =(

I never meet someone in anyother way, i can't think of any other way to get to know people.

i also have the same reasons.... i just not into long lasting friendships...maybe....

Qbmaster

There is no rule that says that a friend chosen by you is in any way better than a friend who chooses you or a friend you meet by accident. If you choose all your friends yourself, you will probably have a group of friends that are a lot less interesting than the friends you get when the "selection procedure" is more random.

Baguette

once i went to this place where they were showing a conspiracy movie, i was really interested by these things at that time, its mostly old people at these things and i would be the youngest person. but at this one i seen 2 young pretty girls there together. i found this kinda strange and i kept looking over at them and i noticed that one of them had a book that i owned called the custodians by dolores cannon witch is a book of conversation with people under hypnosis about there ufo experiences but i dont have it anymore cos i give it to my friend lucy, so i went over and asked what do you think of that book? and i ended up having a very interesting conversation with the 2 girls alice and shi. but then later i found out that alice was lucys sister and that book was mine....
strange hu?

Baguette

and we are all still friends to this day

thats lucy me shi alice in order
15761_176419799712_534849712_284912.jpg

It's the same for me. Very few people "choose" me, and I'm horrible at keeping contact once what brought us together ends.

My best friend in high school pretty much forced himself on me... he pestered me to "go out" with him, and I said yes to get him to stop and not hurt his feelings by rejecting him. We never acted like anything other than best friends... I just wasn't into him in "that" way. The last time I saw him was about 10 years ago at his wedding.

My ex-husband was pretty relentless when pursuing me as well... if it weren't for him being so persistent, I might possibly still be a virgin right now.

I did have one close friend that I made at work... we shared a lot of shifts, and would even hang out afterwards- we spent a lot of time together during my first pregnancy, and then during hers. I haven't had any contact with her in about 5 years... I'm pretty certain she's moved away, and is living with her dad in another state, and I have no way of knowing how to reach her if I wanted to. That was the last "real life" (non-internet) friendship I had.

That's it... a run down of all of the friendships I've had my entire life- well, high school and beyond. Even in high school, I never "hung out" with people outside of school, aside from the friend I mentioned- he would go to church with me and my family. I've never had a group of friends to do a lot of things with... my only ventures into clubs were with my sisters. I didn't have any close friends in my five years of college.

I've met a lot of people through school or work, but I don't really connect with them or seem good enough for companionship beyond small talk and some joking around at work. I don't initiate things, and no one has "chosen" me for friendship in at least ten years.