I need some guidance....

LockieKermit

Well, I think im finnaly starting to beat the anxiety...

Today I was walking home with a friend ( a girl) and she had just had a fight with another girl, anyways her and her friend part followed us home, and they started beating my friend up...yes beating her up..I stepped in, yelled at them to stop, pushed one of them off...im strongish, but they are girls so I didn't punch them...anyways, its hard to explain.

So, later on at night (about half an hour ago) im taking to the girl who did the beatings, telling her that what she did was wrong...all that stuff...

out of know where she said she admired me for how noble i am and she had never seen this side of me.

ok....so I thought occured, what if I beat my OCD and lost my goodness...

I am tortured by fears of harming others and getting intrusive thoughts...what if I get rid of this, and I turn into a prick?

because the truth is, i would rather have some slight amount of anxiety and OCD if it meant that i would keep my ..I guess kindness...

Rockhopper

You did the right thing in this situation. You are obviously a kind and caring person. You stopped a fight, not caused one. I don't know you, but I don't believe you will turn into a prick as you have just proved you aren't. You are who you are, the OCD just makes you question it. Beating OCD will not mean the goodness will go. It will mean the goodness will stay without the thoughts.

eski

Wow, very good thing you did there for the girl. Getting into situations like that would make me a bit anxious but you seemed to have handled it well. I think beating your anxiety shouldn't really affect your personality too much. Sure you will be more confident without anxiety but it won't necessarily mean you turn into an a**hole. Without intrusive thoughts or anxiety, would you still let the girl get beat up? Its just part of who you are which is a good person from what u described :)

WearyChild

You will never loose who you are. If you were to completely beat all your problems that wouldn't make you forget you had them. No matter what, no matter if you loose all fear you've ever had you will still remember now.

jbeenthere

there is a valid idea that having experienced some difficulty like OCD can make you a more compassionate person. but you will always have the power to chose to be a good person in the way you act. what you do is who you are. it's one of life's most complex lessons that you keep learning over and over.

Nack

Banned
I don't understand... How did this go from protecting a friend to the abusive girl giving you compliment to fear of losing kindness? Explain please...

LockieKermit

haha, well I was having a go at her via facebook, when she logged on later on that night...and she said she admired how noble I was...so I thought, what if I completley get rid of anxiety, and lose my "nobleness"

Nack

Banned
haha, well I was having a go at her via facebook, when she logged on later on that night...and she said she admired how noble I was...so I thought, what if I completley get rid of anxiety, and lose my "nobleness"

You wouldn't be human if you get rid of your anxiety; and your nobleness does not come with your disorder, it comes from your "heart" to say the least...

Hellhound

Super Moderator
You won't turn into a prick. This time you were defending your friend and that's a good thing. A prick wouldn't even care. You know what is right and what is wrong, you don't want to do wrong and you are caring. Not having anxiety won't change that.

And that "what if I lose my kindness if I beat my anxiety?" thought is the anxiety speaking. Imagine it as a manipulative, posessive, liar b*tch attacking you where it hurts you because it doesn't want you to get rid of it. You are kind, therefore it will attack you there by telling you that you will turn into a bad person once you are cured. The best you can do is ignore it and keep fighting it.