I made a mistake

Hi just recently I was cleaning the table near my roommate while she was eating and I didn't mean anything by it but now she got mad at me and told my other roommate I was crazy and mentally unstable. I normally wait until people finish. I am not perfect. I just wanted to come on here because This situation made me upset. I need some support because she seems to get mad at me for no reason sometimes. She judges me whenever I do something. I know that people will so that though I get that. She is 43. I know she older And she has her own issues but there is no excuse for calling me names and there is certainly no excuse for her behavior. Another time she said my other roommate called me ugly which I felt it was a lie. Also there was a time where she yelled so loud she woke my roommates up and she threw stuff and slammed doors. It was scary to experience that. But I just want to hear from other people and what they think about his situation.

Sacrament

Be the more mature one and just tell her "look, I'm sorry if my cleaning the table bothered you, maybe I should have waited until you were finished, and definitely meant no harm. But if there's something I won't take, that's verbal abuse from either of you. Have your opinions, that's fine, but if you're not going to be polite about something you disagree with or didn't like, then you won't have my respect. I won't offend you back because that's a pointless game, but I won't take it lightly either."

Raider

Be the more mature one and just tell her "look, I'm sorry if my cleaning the table bothered you, maybe I should have waited until you were finished, and definitely meant no harm. But if there's something I won't take, that's verbal abuse from either of you. Have your opinions, that's fine, but if you're not going to be polite about something you disagree with or didn't like, then you won't have my respect. I won't offend you back because that's a pointless game, but I won't take it lightly either."

I think that's excellent advice. At the same time I would discretely look for another place to live.

theoutsider

Like most bullies, she is picking on you because you seem like an easy target for her. I also would discreetly look for other living arrangements. You don't need to have that kind of negativity where you live. Home is supposed to be your getaway from all the craziness of the world.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Personally, I hate it when I'm trying to relax and eat something and someone starts cleaning around me. It just really annoys me...a lot! lol.
But your 'friend' seems to be taking you for granted. I hope you're not trying to please her because of the way she's been towards you. Sometimes that's what some people can do, 'I'll try harder to make her feel better or so she'll like me more..'. But it has the opposite effect.
She shouldn't be calling anyone names, least of all a 'friend'. She sounds inconsiderate.
Don't let yourself be dragged through the mud in the hope you'll keep her happy.

It's not worth it.

IntheLabyrinth

I too think that is excellent advice! I may just instant message you next time I need some advice.