i like him so much./...

nerdgirl178

Hello I am new here. I work with this guy (different departments but same company) for some months now (since June of this year), and I really like him. I think he knows I like him because he smiles at me and looks at me from the corner of his eye. I don't think he likes me though. I have SP and I really hate it of course like all of you here, it keeps me from doing the things I want to do. I just want to go up and start a conversation. He has helped me at work, say hello etcera, but nothing much. I smile nervously when I see him and I am afraid that is a turn off for a guy if I actually start talking to him because I may blush and start sweating and stuff. He is so very handsome, and tall (just the way I like them), and I am, well my nick says it all, lol, I wear glasses, I like to read history books and stuff, and he is seriously a stud, no joke! He has a great personality. I know plenty of people on this board could relate to me. What should I do? What should I say the next time I see him? Its so hard to be alone. Actually once we were alone in the elevator and I said nothing! I hate myself for not saying a peep! I just stared at the elevator door, ugh! Can anyone give me some advice on what should I do, it would make me feel a lot better. Even if I am not his type at least I tried. when I was 16 I fell for a guy, it took me three years to get over him and I never told him how I felt or nothing. I just don’t want this guy to get away from being too shy. Thank You.

LilMissTragic

What great time, Christmas is coming up, hows about sending him an xmas card, maybe with a little note...be brave, go for it. Its better to know either way wether or not you have a chance, I hope you do. Good luck :)

MRnomates

I say try bending over in front of him that'll get him going it works on me.

Drop something on the floor

nerdgirl178

I know he just came from the Military. I was thinking of asking him is he is going back to duty or somehting! Giving him an X-Mas card is so corny, especially Valentines Day, its so not my thing. Well whatever, its just that he is so damn social that is makes me extra nervous. well I will try to say something, even if i look like a complete idiot, atleast I tried. I think he should get to know me I am pretty fun even htought I have SP :)

nerdgirl178

I would love to heard stories on how people here got his or her boyfriend/girlfirned? It'll be interesting :)

Dill

Just Go for it. And talk to him. Maybe start off with a good morning and how r u?
Life Rewards the Courages Few.

LilMissTragic

Ok, Heres how I met my fiance.
I used to be on my computer a lot of the time and this one time I went to my usual chat room and a newbie came on. His screen name was Dad58...or something like that and I got chatting to him expecting him to be...well, a dad of 58 obviously. Turns out he is 23 but I didnt believe him, ya know how people lie on these things. So, being brave, i asked him to cam with me. He did and it was like WOW!. We chatted for over 6 months that way and on the phone too. He put me at ease and I told him all about my Sp at the very beginning. Turns out his mum suffers a form of mild SP and depression.
Basically, I ended up meeting him at my local train station, the bravest moment of my entire life, turns out he looked more scared than i did....lol. That gave me more confidence and we had a great time. He came back to see me 2 weeks later, said he didnt want to go home (he lives 250 miles away) so I said then dont....so he didnt and we are still together.
To think I used to think it was a sad way to meet people...lol...I take that back!

MRnomates

Worrydoll sorry about this but are u a man or a women on some of ya posts i think ya a man and on others i think your a girl which is it sorry?

nerdgirl178

MRnomates: ask him for a lift?? I have SP okay. I can barely say "Hi, How are you?" so there is no way I can ask for a lift or something. Sometimes I ask myselft how can someone with SP possibly get a b.f./g.f??!! It'll be a real turn off for some men I assume. Or maybe he doesnt like exotic girls (I am Brazilian/Mexican). anyway I did not see him today so maybe this week I will say "Are you doing anything for Christmas?" then work my way up :)

MRnomates

i am disappointed nerdgirl :( i wanted to see

glad we got that woman man thing cleared up worrydoll i've been losing sleep