I just want to give up

dannyboy65

I was diagnosed with gout very recently. Usually someone who gets it is 30 at the least... I'm 19.

My mom keeps reading stuff and informs me. I can't eat or drink what people my age do. My foot always aches a little and sometimes it feels like I'm walking on glass.

I just want it to go away! I'm sick and tired of it, I don't want to live a life like this where I'm always paranoid what I eat or drink. I don't want to suffer the pain in my foot anymore... Sometimes I want to cut my foot off and then maybe it can go away.

Ever since I've gotten this disease I've been depressed. I've felt some of the most painful feelings I've ever felt. Sometimes it gets so bad I can't even lay a blanket on it. I walk with a limp most times now and I'm 19. I can't walk for very long or stand on it very long.

I feel like I'm suffering, it's so hard to explain. If I gotten this at 40 or something I would be fine. But no I had to be a rare case and get it when I was young. I just want to let everything go, I just don't want to fail everyone who admires me.

I try so hard to be positive all the time. I'm tired and I just want it to stop.... I want my pain to end, I'm afraid it never will......

Earthcircle

I was diagnosed with gout very recently. Usually someone who gets it is 30 at the least... I'm 19.

My mom keeps reading stuff and informs me. I can't eat or drink what people my age do. My foot always aches a little and sometimes it feels like I'm walking on glass.

I just want it to go away! I'm sick and tired of it, I don't want to live a life like this where I'm always paranoid what I eat or drink. I don't want to suffer the pain in my foot anymore... Sometimes I want to cut my foot off and then maybe it can go away.

Ever since I've gotten this disease I've been depressed. I've felt some of the most painful feelings I've ever felt. Sometimes it gets so bad I can't even lay a blanket on it. I walk with a limp most times now and I'm 19. I can't walk for very long or stand on it very long.

I feel like I'm suffering, it's so hard to explain. If I gotten this at 40 or something I would be fine. But no I had to be a rare case and get it when I was young. I just want to let everything go, I just don't want to fail everyone who admires me.

I try so hard to be positive all the time. I'm tired and I just want it to stop.... I want my pain to end, I'm afraid it never will......

This is the 21st century. I really don't know, but aren't gout treatments highly advanced by now? I'm wondering what your doctor says. By the way, I turn 50 this month, and I wouldn't say that my acquiring gout at this age would be fine. I think I would be very upset.

dannyboy65

This is the 21st century. I really don't know, but aren't gout treatments highly advanced by now? I'm wondering what your doctor says. By the way, I turn 50 this month, and I wouldn't say that my acquiring gout at this age would be fine. I think I would be very upset.

I would be upset at that age. It's just I wish I didn't have to get it when I am so young. I just wish I never gotten it.

Earthcircle

What did the doctor say? These are not the middle ages, and it's not a mental health issue. There must be some effective therapy for gout. I would think so.

S_Spartan

I had gout in my early 20s. I seem to remember the podiatrist putting my foot in some kind of foot bath. I also soaked my foot at home in Epsom salts and warm water.
The bout lasted a couple weeks but went away and I haven't had it since and I'm in my 40s now.
Gout sucks for sure. It was incredibly painful. Hope you feel better soon!

Hi dannyboy65. I feel for you, and hope that you find the right doctor to treat your gout problem.

I believe there is medication that can treat gout, one of them being Allopurinol.

Other than that, the pain does suck like hell. I had an instructor for my clinicals, who suffered from gout. She couldn't even walk for long distances, and the only treatment that diminished her pain and inflammation were Cortisone injections in the elbow and knee! (ouch!)