I just realized something.

veggielover

Well, after just breaking things off with this guy I was seeing, I realized how lonely I am. I don't have friends that I can rely on, the only friends I have, at least that haven't moved away to college, are the friends who will only hang out when a party is going on or when they need something from me. I hate it. It's a Friday night and I'm sitting at home wishing I had something to do or someone to call. That person was the guy I was seeing. He was the person I could be calling to hang out right now. Things are so different when you are with someone. They are that best friend that you can hang out with anytime, but now I don't have that. I'm back to these lonely Friday nights. All of my friends have boyfriends. That's who they get to hang out with when they are bored. I'm sick of this. I just want to find someone that wants to be with me and so that I don't have to be lonely anymore. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Aussie_Lad

You are so right. There are many times that I sit home alone wishing that I had someone to do something with, anything. It doesn't have to be a relationship, it could just be a great friendship. But then, if I can't enjoy my own company, then who else can? When you are alone you turn a lot to the inner world. If you are having trouble with your inner world, then you can turn to the outer world. Go to a movie, get outdoors into nature and sunshine. Also stop worrying about what others are doing at a particular time and comparing yourself to other peoples seemingly exciting lives. You are living your own life and if it is different than what you would percieve as normal, then that is perfectly okay, you don't have to be normal to get joy and happiness in life.