I just had botox. Do you advise using ionto for a week to increase efficacy?

Rexus

I just got 50 units of botox injected into each hand (not 50 shots!). I think around 15 shots were injected into each hand. He told me if it's not enough I can go back but it should be enough because I have small hands.

Anyway, do you think using ionto later tonight will aid the botox, or it might make it not work. Basically idrostar always works for me like this: use for 20 mis day 1, 2, 4 (today is 4), 7, 10, and then my hands are dry. But I can never for the hell of me get maintenance right. If I do it 4 days after day 10, sweating comes back. If i do it daily after day 10, it's controlled. But using daily is so very bothersome. Anyway, I'm thinking of going to 10 with the botox, and then if my hands are dry for like at least a week after than the botox is working.

what do you suggest?

Sprawling

Let's see if the Botox works by itself, then do ionto. If the botox only works partially, then start the ionto.

My Ionto treatment initially is 5-10 straight days in a row(treatment every day) of hand and foot each side for 1/2 hour treatment, totaling an hour for both sides.

Maintenance treatment for me is the above treatment every 9-10 days. This seems to keep me consistently dry. Summer treatment might vary where every 3rd or 4th week I might do 1 treatment daily for 3 days in a row. This kind of takes away the extra summer moisture. This is what works for me. At one point I used to wait 12-14 days before treatment. I found that waiting 9-10 days makes a big difference and keeps me drier consistently.

Glad you had the botox Rex. I hope it works for ya.

HH

Maybe you should try a different ionto regime. try 1 treatment everyday for 10-15mins for two weeks. Then go down to two treatments a week for 30mins, do this for a few weeks and see what happens.

Rexus

Thanks for the advices. I decided on sprawling's advice to see if the botox works on its own. I just completed one day (24 hours) since the botox shots and I feel my hands are hotter. I will get them under both stressful situations and exercise today and see what goes on.

SweatParty

Yeah, see how the Botox works by itself! Otherwise you won't know how effective that was for you, or if it was influenced by the ionto.

hydroman123

Let's see if the Botox works by itself, then do ionto. If the botox only works partially, then start the ionto.

My Ionto treatment initially is 5-10 straight days in a row(treatment every day) of hand and foot each side for 1/2 hour treatment, totaling an hour for both sides.

Maintenance treatment for me is the above treatment every 9-10 days. This seems to keep me consistently dry. Summer treatment might vary where every 3rd or 4th week I might do 1 treatment daily for 3 days in a row. This kind of takes away the extra summer moisture. This is what works for me. At one point I used to wait 12-14 days before treatment. I found that waiting 9-10 days makes a big difference and keeps me drier consistently.

Glad you had the botox Rex. I hope it works for ya.

Hey Sprawling....how long have you used ionto?? I was like Rexus and needed daily treatments to maintain dryness. I persevered with the daily treatments for over a year and it worked great but a few months ago my left hand started sweating and just didnt stop. Ive not done treatments for 3 weeks and both my hands are awful. I restarted treatments yesterday and am doing two 25 min sessions daily.....Im really worried it wont work....any advice????

Sprawling

hydroman123: I have doing ionto for 5 years. If you restarted your treatment, be sure that you have included either Rainwater, well water, pond, river, stream or whatever to increase the hardness factor. If your treatments stopped working and you are still using the same water source, good chance treatments may not work. Bottled water of any source most likely will not work. The water( 1/2 of the water) needs to be from a source other than tap.

My treatment stopped working recently when I stopped using my usual tap water source. I panicked, then collected rain water and mixed it in with the tap and it was like a miracle happened 5-7 days(consistent 1 hour treatments per day) later... dry hands and feet. It takes a 2-3 days for the dryness to kick in.

Anything more specific you need to know about the treatment I do?

hydroman123

hydroman123: I have doing ionto for 5 years. If you restarted your treatment, be sure that you have included either Rainwater, well water, pond, river, stream or whatever to increase the hardness factor. If your treatments stopped working and you are still using the same water source, good chance treatments may not work. Bottled water of any source most likely will not work. The water( 1/2 of the water) needs to be from a source other than tap.

My treatment stopped working recently when I stopped using my usual tap water source. I panicked, then collected rain water and mixed it in with the tap and it was like a miracle happened 5-7 days(consistent 1 hour treatments per day) later... dry hands and feet. It takes a 2-3 days for the dryness to kick in.

Anything more specific you need to know about the treatment I do?
Hey, Sprawling.....thanks so much for the info. Im going to continue treatments for a few days and failing that Ill add well water like you recommend. Just a few more questions
1) Can you reuse the well+tap water combo??
2) How long has adding rain water being working for you??
Thanks again for your help.

Sprawling

I reuse my rain water/tap combo over and over for at least 6 cycles. My plan is to filter it through one of those pitcher filter thingy's they sell at wallmart.

I have been using the rainwater mixture for about 3 months. I have collected enough water (about 8 gallons which will make me 16 gallons mixed with tap water) to last me a year or more if I do the filtering.

Since I been doing this I notice my hands stay drier a tad bit longer and my feet seem to be drier. I'll know more on the feet over the next several months.

hydroman123

I reuse my rain water/tap combo over and over for at least 6 cycles. My plan is to filter it through one of those pitcher filter thingy's they sell at wallmart.

I have been using the rainwater mixture for about 3 months. I have collected enough water (about 8 gallons which will make me 16 gallons mixed with tap water) to last me a year or more if I do the filtering.

Since I been doing this I notice my hands stay drier a tad bit longer and my feet seem to be drier. I'll know more on the feet over the next several months.
Why do you filter it?? Wont changing the constituents affect the treatments????

Sprawling

I have not filtered it yet. I see lots of fuzzy things floating in the water. Since the filter will be activated charcoal, the mineral content will most likely be the same. Anyone have any advice on filtering?