I have no idea why I lied..

fate12321

So just yesterday when I was on my way home from school, I kind of got into a little car accident, nothing major just a little bump from the quarter panel. The crash really wasn't my fault, It was the guys fault. He tried to switch lanes, and I guess he didn't see me (I must have been on his blind spot).

When we crashed I just pulled over and so did the guy. He came out of his S.U.V and told me if i was ok. For some reason I didn't bother to get out of the car to check if there were any damage, and told him that everything was fine, and I took off. (Forgot to mention that this was my parents car). When I got home, I notice that the drivers door got jammed and couldn't really opened it. You couldn't really tell that I got hit or anything. (Except for the jammed door)

So I just went in the house and didn't tell my mom that I got in a small accident. (Not sure why I did that smiley-sad It wasn't till my mom decided to go to the store and buy some stuff and she notice the door kinda jammed and stuff. She told me what happened

I didn't tell her anything I just said, "I don't know it wasn't like that when I got home". So yea my question is, well jeez I have no idea why I lied and now I feel bad for actually lying. Plus my dads pissed cause I lied, and wont let me use the car anymore.
so yea now i feel like crap now. (sorry for obscene language)

TreeBones

:lol:...
As long as you learned from it I and apologized, I don't see why you should worry about it anymore.

theoutsider

I think you may have lied because you felt a little silly for not investigating the damage further when you had the chance. I've had similar things happen to me like that. Don't beat yourself up over it, it'll pass.

I can see how someone would be shook up and nervous, especially a younger person in their first driving accident. The unfortunate thing here is that the guy who hit your parents' car got away without any repercussions at all. It's unfortunate because his car insurance company would otherwise be responsible for the damages. That pretty much goes by the wayside when you say everything is alright and drive away. I understand why your parents would be mad about their car but I also understand why you just wanted to drive away. Mom and Dad will get over it.