I have found the solution that works for me

raylite

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have found a solution that works for me. It helps me overcome my social anxiety completely, period.

Here it is:

Instead of fighting my anxiety, trying to treat it and using whatever other methods that haven't worked for me in the past, I'm now embracing, accepting and loving my social anxiety. And not only that, I'm also asking for more social anxiety! Yep! I try to get myself in awkward situations that used to dread, I try to sounds dumb, I try to stutter, I try to sound awkward...I try to look mean, bored, uninteresting, I'm looking for ways to provoke my social anxiety whenever I go out now.

Does it sound terrifying? I know it is...some things are still ridiculously horrifying to me and I can't do some awkward things, but I am making progress.

Think about it...how are you going to have social anxiety if you're asking for it and you want more of it? Next time you get yourself in an awkward situation and you're thinking about it, tell yourself how you could have made it more embarrassing and criticize yourself for NOT making it more awkward.

"To conquer fear, you must become fear" -batman. Become your fear, become social anxiety!

Video - YouTube - How I'm Overcoming Social Anxiety: Social Anxiety Cure

IceLad

I can identify with this because there's quite a similar concept in the Dr Richards CBT series.

In simple terms the concept is about accepting the anxiety rather than trying to fight it.

okay, couldn't watch the video cause my sound speakers aren't wotking.. but got the msg.. don;t know why u have so little replies... it's great, but I do have a few questions.. u got my msg :)))))