i have agoraphobia and i dont no how to deal with it

Livingwithoutlivin

Oh I know how you feel, or atleast I know what agoraphobia feels like in my own world. I'm not diagnosed, I wish I could get disability. It's so bad I haven't worked in over a year. College has been hell, and recently I've tried talking a little and being courages, and have had some awful experiences. I think this is an ugly city, I should move somewhere were people are more courteous like Utah.

I'm so paranoid when I go out. Like, I can go out, but feel absolute dread and torture while I'm in a grocery store or in class, I can't even look at the teachers in the eyes. I get so nervous and afraid talking to other people.

D

DogMeat

What city do you mean? Sometimes I feel as if New York where I go to school can be intimidating but when I come home to the suburbs it's much lonelier.

Livingwithoutlivin

what tricks?

I don't know, but I gradually snowballed into the extent of agoraphobia I have today. Does anybody know if I can get disbability? I'm just 21 and I have only worked at 2 jobs, for less than 3 months total. Somebody I need help, I started paying 100 bucks rent last month, and i'm starting to run out, I need some money, but it's so hard for me to get by feeling so anxious when I have no good reason to. I have no clue, I just know that all the negative things that were ever said to me, like all the comments of people telling me how worthless I am, they all whisper at me. Like say I'm at a party or something, I recall, not quite so clearly, that I've been told before, that I'm a loser, that I'm not good enough, that I'm creepy, that I'm too quiet, that I look ugly, all those thoughts that I've been told come and make me nervous, and make me not be able to do the things that I want to do. Like, for some reason, at my jobs, it always tells me that I can't ever be successful or keep that job long enough. I hate it, because if someone makes a comment about me, I usually assume they are right, other people are the only way I really know if I'm doing things right. I'm so insecure, at this point in my life. The other day I got into an altercation with my professor, i didn't even intend to, and it crushed my whole day, I was not even trying to be mean, I just asked a simple question, and I guess I shouldn't have, I regret that and I cried about it. It was so upsetting, I felt like dying.

BlackKids

I don't think I ever really had full blown agoraphobia but I did become house bound for a couple of years.
What helped me was just putting myself off there. It was so hard and didn't get any easier for a while but today I walked through town and it wasn't too difficult.
As for getting welfare. I'd talk to citizens advice and take it from there. In my personal experience I found that suffering from anxiety/stress didn't really count for anything. But the amount of people who are just lazy feckers claiming welfare is pretty high.
Good luck but get on with it cause it can take a while to process

BlackKids

is it hard to get used to it

Yeah its like torture but I'm sure you've felt anxiety at its worse. If you can handle that then you already know whats the worse that can happen. Try going to walmart or something where the staff aren't friendly and dont give a damn about you lol

S

Seamus

Hi ,

I've just looked at your post, Regarding Agraphobia.Ican relate to your situation i too have suffered this illness. Do you have Panic Attacks also? The two are commonly linked.. I spent3 years house bound i never left the house .. Then my Gp started me on some meds for my Panic Attacksand i embarked on CBT Thearpy it's very useful in combating Agraphobia .. i can give you some really valuable info if you like? and i could also speak with you as I've been through it all ... I am from Ireland so Perhaps Skype or emails its your choice good luck and don't loose hope i reckon you may make a full recovery in less than eight weeks if you we're to follow the system i used...

JustClare

Try going walking at night and when you get comfortable enough go an hour earlier and then an hour earlier until you are out and comfortable in the daytime...then try going into stores where people are. Goodluck!

FOR REAL

Banned
i had one onset where i was bagging at a supermarket and i got really dizzy and my vision went blurry

that has to be the worst feeling on earth, its happened to me that many times that ive lost count.
when it first happened i thought that i was the only one.
theres a site called 'the dizzy lounge' you could check out.

i know the feeling, best of luck to you.