I hate popular kids that win "leadership awards"

gsmax5

But as for anything else, I secretly would like to punch those jerks and see how great of 'leaders' they are then.

Just another bullsh*t thing where society praises the outgoing social butterflies and undermines everyone else. Go figure.

LOL. My views exactly.

Also, no jerk is a leader of mine. The only reason I follow jerks/"leaders" in academic team assignments, is to avoid the social humiliation of being a dick by refusing to follow them.

Last edited:

dooby-duck

Leadership isn't always all it's cracked up to be, especially if it all goes wrong. You can be that smug git who says I knew that's what would happen etc.

To be a good leader takes more than a big gob. You have to be able to understand people, draw them in, motivate them and give them enthusiasm towards the goal.

The line that a lot of leaders seem to tread over is that they feel entitled to their role and feel that everyone should respect them, when we all know that respect is earned. You can't just trample over everyone else to achieve your own goals.

Nack

Banned
following people suck, you find your own way of working with them without thinking your less then them. Not everyone is a leader, or born a leader, so if your not then don't...

Argamemnon

Envy and jealousy are emotions. Everyone feels them at some point whether they want to admit it or not. It's part of the human experience. Actually, I find that people who cannot or do not want to admit that they are jealous or envious are far more nasty when they are envious or jealous.

I don't agree. Yes, you can sometimes feel a bit jealous and then immediately correct/get rid of that negative thought/feeling in your mind. Some people, though, are so jealous that they wish ill to befall others. Besides, why would you "admit" that you're jealous? That sounds quite strange to me. If I were jealous, I would not "admit" that to someone. I would simply "correct"/get rid of that negative feeling/thought immediately.

Had I been on a forum full of "confident" people who were shitting on people who are un-social, unpopular, insecure and unsuccessful, I would feel obligated to defend such people.
I have come across tons of such forums, a lot of people have a distorted mindset. They will defend bad and selfish people and bash those who are not like them. It's quite bizarre, but then what can you expect in a morally bankrupt "secular" society. It's far from surprising.

Whether anyone admits it or not, there are people here who hate or otherwise have a bias against popular, attractive or otherwise social/outgoing people. After all, they have everything! It's so unfair! :D
That's wrong. But then, I'm not responsible for other people's thoughts or behaviour. We should treat everybody with respect, regardless if they are outgoing and succesful or timid or whatever, as long as this respect is mutual. Personally, I have absolutely no problem with "successful" people (whatever that means!), if they respect me and my choices.

Last edited:
I think this topic has lost its meaning sorta. See, just because someone gets an award doesnt mean they are better. When I was in school, I wasnt the way I am now, there was other kids too who were well spoken, smart and all that. But when theres a popularity contest thats where the difference is. Thats what the OP was complaining about. You cant say that the ones who get awards are better. See, thats the problem with society, on TV they constantly shove it down your throat saying THESE people are better than you. In school they make up awards to make people better than you.

In sports, at job sites, just about anywhere they have this. Its not to say the person is better than anyone at all. In my opinion these things shouldnt exist. Its arrogant and selfish and egotistical. It has nothing to do with someone being better than you.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I think this topic has lost its meaning sorta. See, just because someone gets an award doesnt mean they are better. When I was in school, I wasnt the way I am now, there was other kids too who were well spoken, smart and all that. But when theres a popularity contest thats where the difference is. Thats what the OP was complaining about. You cant say that the ones who get awards are better. See, thats the problem with society, on TV they constantly shove it down your throat saying THESE people are better than you. In school they make up awards to make people better than you.

In sports, at job sites, just about anywhere they have this. Its not to say the person is better than anyone at all. In my opinion these things shouldnt exist. Its arrogant and selfish and egotistical. It has nothing to do with someone being better than you.

School should not be a place to "teach" these things... They should treat everyone equally =/

Exactly. Thats what the OP is complaining about. Awards dont equal smarter, or more confident. I remember in school all the preppy kids got all the awards. They got all the best smile, best dressed and so on. They got the prom queen and prom king. Just because they got these things doesnt mean they were better, they got them out of popularity. In my opinion, if someone works hard at their job, or does great in school, they deserve the benefits, and they will get more than those who are lazier. And no one needs to be told about this persons advancements, people will recognize it.

The point is, they shouldnt praise others and give out awards to make others feel lousy. Thats all it is, its saying " These people are superior to you". If people go around believing it, it has worked. Thats the whole point if it. I dont admire people like this, I prefer to choose who I admire.

Lea

Banned
Exactly. Thats what the OP is complaining about. Awards dont equal smarter, or more confident. I remember in school all the preppy kids got all the awards. They got all the best smile, best dressed and so on. They got the prom queen and prom king. Just because they got these things doesnt mean they were better, they got them out of popularity. In my opinion, if someone works hard at their job, or does great in school, they deserve the benefits, and they will get more than those who are lazier. And no one needs to be told about this persons advancements, people will recognize it.

The point is, they shouldnt praise others and give out awards to make others feel lousy. Thats all it is, its saying " These people are superior to you". If people go around believing it, it has worked. Thats the whole point if it. I dont admire people like this, I prefer to choose who I admire.

It´s how this world is and will always be, Punk Rotten. You won´t get appreciated for honesty and hard or quality work, if you don´t know how to make yourself visible and "sell it", on the other hand there are people who don´t really know much but know how to sell themselves. Or maybe they only come from "better" family etc. It´s unfair but I don´t bother with it really, just ignore it if you can :).

Nack

Banned
kings,queens,dutch,ducthess, etc. I hate those events, i only like it because we don't have class.

Argamemnon

Is this what you think I am doing? :) Defending bad, selfish people and bashing those who are not like them? :D Remember that I am defending all the confident people out there who are decent human beings just as I would defend all the timid/insecure people out there who are themselves decent.
I don't know you, I'm not talking about any particular individual. But again; I disagree! In reality, it's the other way around; usually people who have psychological problems (depression/anxiety) and those who are timid are demonized.. not confident people!!

I have to go now..

Peace

Last edited:

gsmax5

My thoughts exactly!