I hate meetinigs at work.... URGHHH

Hello everybody im fairly new to this site, well sorta... i come on here and just observe, this is the first time im postiing a thread. N Ewayz getting back to the topic at hand...

We had a meeting today and I just felt so arkward and outa place. Everytime we have a meeting I get this feeling like "Oh GOD...why me" Mostly everybody tries to avoid eye contact with me except my boss and when he looks at me its the strangest look...its like " i hope he understands what im saying" type of look. Do any of yall ever feel like yall are "slow" just by the way people interact wih you.

I know that im not slow or retarded but thats the look i get from people. And Im the only one that never ask questions in the meeting... either cause I just don't give a sh*t or I feel that it doesn't apply to me....

I don't know what my facial expressions are doing when im interacting with people but I try to stay focus on what they saying and give eye contact, but sometimes Im thinking in my head... just leave me alone and let me go back to my office.....lol I do tend to drift off if im not interested and I give a BS answer...but I just don't know what to do...

I need to conquer this demon as soon as possible and get my life back... Im seeing a (pys)doctor but it seems like he is only in it for the money... he will ramble on for 1 hour and then say... You have the co-pay?...and he hasn't helped me one bit...

Anyone got any techniques that can help me out please let me know... Thanks

JA2007

I have been to several meetings myself with people leading them that were in much higher paying positions than mine. I like to think of them as humans just like myself who probably get nervous at having to do the whole public speaking thing. If I were a boss, I would get really nervous wondering if I was coming across as too bossy or demanding or full of myself. I bet they have plenty to be nervous about too.

Also, you should switch therapists. I don't see any reason in going to one who does not understand you or help you in any way.

jayo

Solution is to recognise you have a problem and need to solve it.
I have this and it will never go away until you consciously put yourself in situations where you feel anxiety, allow it to sit on you and then gradually force yourself to come through. You will be amazed at the results.
I'm trying Toastmasters locally and I don't care how bad I feel - I know I'll come through.
I can't let this inappropriate anxiety destroy my life - neither can you buddy!!

PS Check out the story of a leading US executive who forced himself to give comedy stand up for a year to help overcome meeting anxiety and yes it worked!