I had Botox injections 2 days ago

g35

is it safe to do iontopherisis after getting botox to increase effectiveness?

DaaaBulls

I'm going to ask my derm when I go to get my left hand done, I'll let you know what she says. I'm sure it is fine though...

Stuckwithme

Just stopping by to say I am still as bone dry as I was in the beginning of treatment. It's great because it's now in the middle of summer and hand sweat is not an issue for me.

I shake a lot of hands now days and I have noticed (now when I am 100% dry) that fewer people than I thought have moist hands. I thought almost everyone had moist hands to some degree, but most seem to be fully dry. Strange. I shake a lot of hands at work and so far I have noticed one person with an obvious case of hyperhidrosis and one with moist hands (who also get flushing in the face).

I guess palmar hyperhidrosis is not as common as I thought, or maybe those people just keep away from shaking hands.

Stuckwithme

Now it has been about 3 months and maybe, maybe I do start to feel the sweating coming back a little bit on the upper side of the thumb muscle. I'll wait some more and see. Shouldnt be a problem though with the healt care system we have in Sweden. I'll just go back for a bunch of more free shots of Botox :D

Stuckwithme

It's been about a year since my botox treatment and the HH is starting slightly to come back now. I have to wash my hands again because they get a bit sticky and so on. So, soon I am off for another treatment. My doc say's the next treatment will last longer so hopefully I am looking forward to another HH free year.

Too bad my ass and back is sweating at times, but I can live with that.

Stuckwithme

No, I wouldn't concider that compensatory sweating. It has always been like this. Didn't get worse because of Botox.

Cindy1983

My doctor told me that he doesn't do injections in hands because it weakens yours hands since it weakens the muscles. Can you tell me if there is a significant difference in weakness. Like how is your grip?
I had botox 2 weeks ago in my hands. 100% sweat free but the weakness is bad. I can't type with my pinky fingers, can't use "pinching" motion (i.e. squeeze toothpaste, pinch salt, grip a large glass with one hand, peel vegetables, write properly) I'm a chef and it's making my job very difficult. I hope it's temporary but seems to be getting worse.

Cindy1983

Has anyone else experienced severe hand weakness? I Had botox 2 weeks ago and I'm really struggling.100% sweat free, but I can't use my pinky fingers when typing, can't grip a pen, pinch anything, hold a glass with one hand, squeeze toothpaste tube, I'm praying it'll be temporary but I'd love to know if anyone else has advice or experience?

MichaelB

Thanks Cindy for sharing. So I think that your side effect is from the Botox. You received many injections to your palms -I think so. Maybe your hands not well tolerated this dose of Botox and your hands are weakness now. Did you hear something about iontophoresis? More safer, affordable and convenient without side effects - ionto is perfect for the hands.