I had botox in my hands 2 weeks ago

margiehope

N0D--If by any chance there's more room in your memory file, add that botox IS used for excessive sweating, for head also.
I'll bite my typing tongue so as not to make the other comments springing to mind!

margiehope

Husky-- Most doctors don't know squat about HH. At least your doctor GAVE you the meds--but 2mg. isn't much use to heavy sweaters, as you know. When I first got Avert (same med, just Cdn. brand), the instructions were "maximum 8 mg a day in divided doses".

margiehope

Desert Fox--I felt so sorry that you went through all that and had such short term results.

At one point I asked my former derm about Botox for severe face and scalp sweating.
She said it was expensive, only lasted about 6 months, and sometimes didn't work at all.
Gee thanks.

She was also negative about glyco, mostly mentioning dry mouth as if that was the worst thing in the world.

Note I said she was my former derm. I have been using Avert (glyco) for about 6 years and it's been a big help to me. There are also glyco wipes, which aren't much use to me, but might be something to try for your palms.

Anyway, good luck, and keep us posted.