I found a permanent external treatment for hyperhidrosis.

juanes_piscina

I'm glad to hear that you are working on your own solution. It often takes change from a person that is directly motivated rather than a group from a lab that are looking for a market. I have a few questions about the formula, of course I am not asking directly for you to reveal the ingredients.

You mention that it is a two part system, does this mean that it is something that has to be mixed before every application? Such as a primary solution with a reagent? Is it topical?

You also mentioned using it in conjunction with iontophoresis. I'm assuming this would be similar to how people put glycopyyrolate into the trays. Is the solution ionic and able to be used in an iontophoresis machine? Are you suspecting that iontophoresis would be more effective than the traditional way you have been administering it?

Thank you for all your hard work

Jadal

Why is Ophanim withholding the treatment cure he claims he found, i thought we all came here as Sufferers to help/share one another in dealing with Hyperhidrosis, if he's in it for the money then he shouldn't have post it to begin with, he's getting our hypes up for nothing.

I swear greed has no boundaries.

Sprawling

All I can say is that he has his valid reasons for withholding his info. Although his treatment works for him, it's not quite ready for prime time in its current form. Although it appears like a tease, it goes to show that there are some people truly working on an HH solution. It's not about greed in this case, but liability which can be viewed as reversed greed. His treatment needs to be studied further for safety purposes. Although this may not be an answer you were hoping for, his intentions are noble.

jih2000

Would be good if a bit more information was offered, number of treatments, how long treatment takes, does it cause sweat gland obstruction or apoptosis, is it still permanent or just long lived etc. As I mentioned, most people are not that stupid. Just put a big disclaimer with the information :)

juanes_piscina

@sprawling.

I work in the medical field and understand full well that things do not work as fast as we would like. There are patients waiting years for a donor organ, and cancer patients that are given placebo pills in clinical trials instead of the medication that could hopefully save their life. Luckily our case is not as bad.

Could you at least elaborate on whether this method uses a typical iontophoresis machine? I am hoping it is a topical form as an iontophoreisis regimen puts a damper on being able to live freely and travel spontaneously. Thanks!

Sprawling

Actually, Ophanim has since modified his method so that it can be used with Ionto. He still has a ways to go. His original finding was separate from ionto.
Keep in mind that he is his only test subject and for good reason. He's not in that field of work, yet happens to be extremely bright and gifted in some areas of chemistry. I'm not able to discuss his work at this time.

ophanim

Hi everyone. I apologize for the lack of updates on this thread. I have not been sleeping on my research, but have been perfecting it.

@juanes_piscina
I have improved on the "two-part solution", as i discovered a way to produce a "gel solution" that doesn't require mixing. I am currently testing various viscosity and concentrations levels. The gel replaces the need for water in iontophoresis. However, the trays where you place your hands/feet have to be slightly adapted.

@Jadal
I understand your frustration, however i am using my own money towards this research. I can't get any funding from organizations/institutions yet. My priority is testing and documenting everything, so my research can be replicated. As Sprawling mentioned, i am not looking for profit, otherwise i would not have trusted him with the details of my research. If anything happens to me, Sprawling can continue where i left off. I originally started this thread because i needed assistance on where/who to take my research to in London, not to make money.

@jih2000
I can give you more information. The treatment affects the water in the cells and is dependent on the concentration, the iontophoresis voltage and the thickness of the skin. I have no hard figures yet, as only a clinical trial could produce the specifications. There is a trade-off between making the treatment safer vs more effective. I have lowered the concentration way, way down to ensure maximum safety as some people have soft palms/soles.

@Sprawling
Thank you for your continued support. I appreciate that you're helping answer queries about my research when i'm away. I understand that people are desperate for a better treatment and unfortunately we have to keep them waiting. Safety is the number one priority.

Last edited:

jih2000

Hi,

Are you basically saying the chemical(s) reacts with the water in the glands? How are you finding it after your trial, is it still effective since you first posted?

You tried the starch/iodine test to see if it worked properly?

Thanks

ophanim

Hi,

Are you basically saying the chemical(s) reacts with the water in the glands? How are you finding it after your trial, is it still effective since you first posted?

You tried the starch/iodine test to see if it worked properly?

Thanks

To put it simply, the solution pulls moisture from the sweat gland. The longer this is done the dryer the sweat gland and ducts become. If it becomes dehydrated enough, the gland will stop producing sweat and since it doesn't regenerate, it would be permanently deactivated.

I have only tested my old solution so far. Palm sweating was reduced significantly, but compensatory sweating of untreated areas between the fingers increased over time. My palms are mostly still dry...but the uneven shape of the palm caused uneven exposure during treatment (the hands cannot be fully submerged). Using a gel instead of liquid will provide uniform distribution of contact with the uneven shape of the palm/soles.

Yes, i used Lugol's Iodine and Corn Starch to visibly see the reduction in sweat. When i test my new solution on a human (myself), i will let you know the preliminary results.

Last edited:

BBing

Thanks for replying and keeping us informed.

Looking forward to your findings!! Palmer HH is life ruining..

jih2000

OK cool sounds interesting idea, like cement dust hehe.

Not sure if a similar action but i used to suffer really bad underarm sweating, huge damp patches, went on from childhood to late 20's. Started using odaban (aluminium chloride hexahydrate) daily for a year which stopped the sweating, then found that I did not require any kind of antiperspirant anymore, not sweated from underarms for 15+ years so assume glands dead... shame did not work elsewhere.

Last edited:

ophanim

OK cool sounds interesting idea, like cement dust hehe.

Not sure if a similar action but i used to suffer really bad underarm sweating, huge damp patches, went on from childhood to late 20's. Started using odaban (aluminium chloride hexahydrate) daily for a year which stopped the sweating, then found that I did not require any kind of antiperspirant anymore, not sweated from underarms for 15+ years so assume glands dead... shame did not work elsewhere.

Instead of choking the sweat gland by plugging the ducts and causing the cells to swell like most antiperspirants do, we're going to turn the glands from a "grape into a raisin". When a grape is dehydrated, it shrinks and shrivels up into a raisin. If we do the same thing to the sweat glands and its ducts, we'll achieve the same outcome as you, but in an extremely short space of time.

jih2000

Instead of choking the sweat gland by plugging the ducts and causing the cells to swell like most antiperspirants do, we're going to turn the glands from a "grape into a raisin". When a grape is dehydrated, it shrinks and shrivels up into a raisin. If we do the same thing to the sweat glands and its ducts, we'll achieve the same outcome as you, but in an extremely short space of time.

How many applications did you require?

JJredick

Hi guys,
First of all i just want to say how great this forum is. Though this is my first post i have appreciated everyone's contribution creating a community..
I have been living with Palmer and planter hyperhidrosis for over 20 years. I'm generally dry in the mornings and i feel really calm and focused at work, but as soon as i start sweating i become agitated..
I have been using iontophoresis treatment for both feet and palms, now what i have found is, i'm getting hot and i start sweating from the face.
Also, i still have the feeling of being agitated.
Does anyone have any suggestions.

Sprawling

Agitation may be expressing itself in the form of anxiety. You may want to consult your physician about maybe getting some anxiety medication and /or talk with a counselor. Although the ladder may not help with sweating , maybe a plan can be devised to help you heal and deal with the agitation.