I Finally Stood Up to that Controlling *******

OK, I'm a little new to this, hope I dont make it too long. I jus want to know what other people think about my decision.

OK. I have this really controlling and bitchy guy friend who is in a league of his own when it comes to idiots. He doesnt have many friends as he constantly talks behind peoples backs and so comes running to me when he gets found out. I go to school with him as I am 16 and am in Year 11 now. The things he's dones to me are just horrible including:

- Spreading romours about me when i dont do what he says
- SHOUTING at me infront the whole class and making a scene when we worked together on a class project
- Starts arguments every other day when i dont bow down to him.
-Then straight after he comes like nothing happened.

I finally got the courage over the summer and decided i just wanted him out of my life, why do i want someone like that to call a friend. Today was the first day back at school, when he saw me he came up to me and was like "Hi" and i just carried on walking like i didnt see or hear him. He kept trying to start a conversation with me when i was talking to other people but i just completely ignored him. Then today after school he came up to me and asked why im not talking to him and I said "Ive decided i dont want you as a friend, your a complete ******* and want a change from your bitchiness and dont bother talking to me again" then he said "We could still say hi in the corridoor yeah?" (in a really bitchy voice) and I just laughed and walked away.

Im so glad to get him out my life and i dont give a crap if he got hit by a bus on the way to school tommorow. The things hes done to me are something you would never do to a friend. But i feel so much better now and am happier about my self for standing up for my self.

What do you guys think?
Did I do the right thing?
Was that a good way to stand up for myself?

I would really appreciate some replies :D

Thanks for reading

Bring-Me-To-Life

Bones

I think you did the right thing, this guy was anything but a nice guy and it pretty obvious that getting him out your life has already helped your morale.
I would just say that, I would've explained to him beforehand how you felt and that you didn't want him as a friend any more before ignoring him, but maybe it was best he got a taste of his own medicine.

Well done for standing up for yourself and putting him straight!

I think you did the right thing, this guy was anything but a nice guy and it pretty obvious that getting him out your life has already helped your morale.
I would just say that, I would've explained to him beforehand how you felt and that you didn't want him as a friend any more before ignoring him, but maybe it was best he got a taste of his own medicine.

Well done for standing up for yourself and putting him straight!

Thanks. I am so glad i did that :)

mrb

so you wont be sending him a christmas card this year then :D if he was that bad then you did the best thing ;)

I read it. You did good. Looks like you're handling it well. Cannot find anything wrong here. Keep moving forward, I guess.