I feel so depressed.

xsapx

I feel so depressed. i do not even feel like hanging out with people anymore because i feel it is a waste of time. When i hang out with people, i do not even feel happy anymore. Especially in groups, everyone is always trying to impress someone else. I do not want to impress anyone, i only want to be myself. And when you go hang out in a group, you always have to follow them around, i am tired of this. People are so mean in this world. In group it seem that comedy is to criticize another. i am often the quiet one in a group, and they always do little jab at me. I just do not make fun of people, i was bully growing up, and i cant find it within myself to hurt or criticize another for fun. I like one on one situation better than groups because in group everyone always tries to impress another. I hate it in the media , where they make criticizing another as comedy. I am depress when it comes to people, i do not want to hang out with no one anymore. But i still have high hope for myself and many goal i want to achieve. And i want to make my family proud. Thanks for reading. Do you have any comment on this?

Jegan

I know how you feel! I am and I was in the same situation as you.. i hate being in groups as well..and the so called humour they make by hurting and critsizing each other is not my thing either.. I rather be alone than hanging out with the group and following every where they go.

FinalSolution

Well i have problems in group talks too. I can easy talk to 1 person, but when there is 2 or more i kinda sucks. Must really concetrate to follow the conversation. And i find out if i talk confident and loud everyone listens to me. Makes me feel good too :D

Luna1740

Hey, I think that part of growing up is learning to be yourself and not care what others think about yourself, and it sounds like you are just testing the boundaries of yourself to see how far you can push yourself into that category in order to find out the dimensions of who you really are. Basically I'd just say to attempt to take that characteristic of not caring what others think and integrate it into who you are in order to have one up on everybody else. There's nothing wrong with being different

it's hard for me to engage in group conversation. Like those mentioned... in group... most the topic revolve around gossip, boosting and sarcasm. i just don't fit in. i don't like gossip. i don't like boosting and sarcasm. i just want to be me also. that is why... i can't find anyone to friend with. if only you guys live near me... we might go out and talk about something meaningful and have a laugh about. shame....