I fancy a student staying at my house

Josh90

Basically theres a German student stay at my house for two weeks, she's 18 and really pretty.

How can I let her know I like her without embarassing myself, and what if she doesnt like me? she acts friendly enough around me.

Danfalc

Banned
How can I let her know I like her without embarassing myself, and what if she doesnt like me? she acts friendly enough around me.

Sometimes if we want somthing bad enough we just have to risk taking that chance :) Maybe just invite her to do somthing casual with you..dvd with a few drinks and see where it goes from there?

I guess you could let her know your intrested just by making time for her and making an effort to get to know her more.If she doesnt like you at least you tried and its not the end of the world.

klytus

She's 18 and really pretty.
Is that why you "like" her? And what do you want from her? Sex? You basically don't know her. She is going to leave in two weeks. Don't make you or her miserable by creating such an unprovidential situation between you. She isn't there to be your personal sexual entertainer.

The point is, if she doesn't like you -that- way, you will mess up the vibe in the family for the time she stays there. On the other hand, if she does like you, then... eh... have fun.

Is that why you "like" her? And what do you want from her? Sex? You basically don't know her. She is going to leave in two weeks. Don't make you or her miserable by creating such an unprovidential situation between you. She isn't there to be your personal sexual entertainer. .

Who knows, maybe she's into that kind of stuff. :D You never know until find out. lol that sounded a little redundant.

I think there are sutble ways to find out if she likes you or not which would not make things awkward.

Josh90

Who knows, maybe she's into that kind of stuff. :D You never know until find out. lol that sounded a little redundant.

I think there are sutble ways to find out if she likes you or not which would not make things awkward.

what ways would that be?

market.garden

what ways would that be?

Yeah I'm all ears! I need someone to write "I LIKE YOU" on a plank of wood and smack me over the head for me to notice anything!

I'd go for it mate, otherwise you'll always be thinking "What if?"

I think the casual dvd + drinks idea is a good place to start, and maybe just ask her if she'd like to stay in touch after she leaves.

hippiechild

blow french kiss to a german gurlie, in UK. that is called globalization
haha :D

Is that why you "like" her? And what do you want from her? Sex? You basically don't know her. She is going to leave in two weeks. Don't make you or her miserable by creating such an unprovidential situation between you. She isn't there to be your personal sexual entertainer.
This is pretty much perfect.

Sure, you might end up thinking "oh, but what if I had," but that's alright, because there is another person in the situation. I think that it would be thoroughly inappropriate to attempt to "hook up" with this girl that is entirely dependent on you right now. She isn't in a position to complain and, being a "nice girl," she probably wouldn't anyway. Her only way out of the scenario is to create a conflict and either find a new family or find a flight home... She'd just suffer silently and awkwardly.

That's not to say that you shouldn't be nice and potentially have her as a pen pal or something. If she really seems that into you after a good while, then fine, but don't ruin her stay by acting on baseless presumptions.

I recognize that this thread is old and whatever you've done is done, but this thread's responses disturbed me slightly. There is more at stake than this guy losing an opportunity. What about this girl's opportunity to enjoy her experience? She probably didn't fly from Germany to UK as a student in hopes of having a wild and crazy fling, believe it or not. ;)

enigma

You could always cook her a meal. I hear frankfurters are popular in Germany. Who knows, she might be impressed with your frankfurter.

Danfalc

Banned
Re: ....

What about this girl's opportunity to enjoy her experience? She probably didn't fly from Germany to UK as a student in hopes of having a wild and crazy fling, believe it or not. ;)

Who knows she might actualy like him,alot of young people enjoy holiday romance it doesnt just have to turn into some seedy littlle fling :) And if it does they are both adults near enough,im sure she can make her own mind up :cool:

And this is how you might end up meeting that someone yknow,fair enough maybe not,but its from these sort of like experiences that we do end up meeting the people who could be in the rest of our lives or maybe just a life long friend.I dont really see what the problem is,just because he isnt madly in love with her he isnt aloud to see if shes intrested at all?

hippiechild

Re: ....

Who knows she might actualy like him,alot of young people enjoy holiday romance it doesnt just have to turn into some seedy littlle fling :) And if it does they are both adults near enough,im sure she can make her own mind up :cool:

And this is how you might end up meeting that someone yknow,fair enough maybe not,but its from these sort of like experiences that we do end up meeting the people who could be in the rest of our lives or maybe just a life long friend.I dont really see what the problem is,just because he isnt madly in love with her he isnt aloud to see if shes intrested at all?
=)

Indeed, he shouldn't shun or avoid her. This is a chance for something great, but it's important to be cautious and sensitive. As the host, it's all too easy to make the guest uncomfortable. I just don't think that he should try to make it into something that it very well might not be. If and when he spends time with her and finds that they're compatible, then perhaps something will come of it on its own.

Taking her to nice restaurants, sharing interests, cooking together, talking, going for walks to wherever, but I don't think that he should try to tell her that he likes her (outside of acting as an especially gracious host) until there is a connection of some kind.

I recognize that I could easily be placing my own feelings upon this girl, but coming from another country and living with complete strangers certainly would leave a person quite helpless and dependent. I just can't help but imagine her attempting to get on well with the family, receiving creepily suggestive winks and smiles all the while... *shudders* "Heyy sweetie... guten morgen ;)"

Last edited:

Josh90

I am a good host and try to be as polite as possible, you dont know how hard it is to keep my emotions at bay with such a girl like this around my house ::(:, I dont want to make her feel uncomfortable, but then again if she likes me she might not be showing it since she doesnt want to make me uncomfortable or something. I try and give her her own space but sometimes I feel I should talk to her more, im not going to tell her how I feel, I dont feel it is right

Last edited:

thor01

Reminds me of 2 years ago in year 12 at school, there was a German girl staying for a year, going to another school but coming to mine for 1 lesson, which I was in. She was very nice and I always wanted to get the opportunity or make the opportunity to talk to her, but i didn't get the chance and didn't dare to make the chance all year. I became obsessed, and then as the year was coming to an end she wasn't in the lessons for a few weeks. On one of the lessons near the exam she came in and I planned to finally make the opportunity after the lesson when she would be on her way home. After the lesson I waited around where I had seen here walking on her way home before, I waited a while and she never walked past. She didn't come to any more lessons after that.
You have a great opportunity to at least interact in some way, which would have been amazing for me if I got to do that with her.