i f*cking hate my room

Midnight_Violet

I hated my room until i did a complete redo of it..but if you mean you hate your room because it feels like a cage-i undertand that too.

Anubis

Yea I hated the way my desk was so suffocating. So one day I forcefully cut the top shelves of the desk so I would only have 1 even flat surface. I then moved shit out of my room that I never use, and added window blinds (I didn't have one before so the sun would always saturate my room).

It still gets bad when it gets messy, but it feels so much better now.

JGator

I can relate. I've lived in the same complex for two years of college now and I've rearranged my room several times but it still drives me crazy so I'm moving to a new complex in fall semester.

Tiercel

acreepyperson, if I had a cute little Japanese girl with an axe in my room, I think I'd hate mine, too. And yes, I know what movie she's from. ;)

For years now my room has been very brown. Bunk beds, floorboards, area rug, one bureau, and the walls are an off-white with a touch of brown. I don't mind as much when there are leaves on the tree right outside the windows, but in the winter it sure doesn't help. I'm actually fond of saying, "My room is so brown, it's no wonder my life is shit."

I've been thinking of redoing it with sort of a late 18th-early 19th century color scheme, but I haven't decided on the colors yet. That, and one plaster wall really needs to be redone. And I hate plaster with a passion. The dust that gets everywhere, the smell.... And I especially hated knocking out the wet plaster on the ceiling in the kitchen to fix the plumbing last August.

I would kill the man who invented plaster if he wasn't already dead. :mad:

Tiercel

Oh, and I didn't mention that I've been sharing this room with my brother since 1986. My brother who loves to pile up his things in the middle of the floor when his friends aren't sleeping on an air matress on the floor.

It's a wonder why I'm not afraid to stay home. :rolleyes: