I Don't Want To Take Off My Shirt

ImNotMyIllness

I want to get back into swimming, but I also have a problem I am a big girl and can't stand the idea of going anywhere in a costume, I think the problem started at school when people would laugh at me in pe when we went swimming so I used to say I couldn't go swimming and would run away to the park or to another classroom. I think it also stems from when I was wearing my swimming costume at the beach and a group of my friends said I looked like a beached whale, I never let it go and made up some fear in my head, but I love being in the water and swimming underwater, its just the idea of going in a costume....I can't deal with it

Sorry to hear that, kids can be especially cruel and thoughtless at times. I definitely recommend you get back into swimming or start talking walks. Exercise is important. I already lost 15lbs.

I quickly got over taking off my shirt. I'm not going to let anything stand in the way of looking and feeling better. Actually, I'm already feeling both. Making good progress!

Griffin

OP - just want to say what you're doing is fantastic. I hate taking my shirt off even when I'm alone. To have the will and confidence to accomplish what you're doing is a great thing.

Kiwong

Good luck with the swimming.

When my knee, achilles tendon and back were sore. I went pool jogging. I wore a shirt when I was in the pool.