i dont think i was made for this world...:(

gaz

It seems that my life has been a total waste of time.

I look at myself today and see that i have no career and havnt got any strong relationships and am single. Im 26 and i wish I could turn back the clock.
I diagnosed myself with SA while looking up video blogs on Youtube. Before that I just assumed i was the way i was. I didnt know that i could change.
I have improved immensely but it feels like that everyone is 10 steps ahead of me. My life has been on hold since I had SA, thats why i feel so immature. I am bored with my life and very frustrated!

Ive been a member of few different SA websites and it is good to read other peoples experiences, but I still feel empty - I cant even make friends on these sites either only have short conversations that fizzle out quickly.

Life goes on (for everyone else) but i stay dormant, waiting for the right time but that will never come.

....this world was not made for me

Shyguy4

Don't worry I know I felt the same way with my Sa I could never finish school it was just to much of a anxiety trigger now I'm behind and I feel like I could have done better if I didn't have Sa... but the thing is that we cant sit around regretting what we do because it doesn't change anything ... Since you realized that you haven't doing as well as you hoped that shows that you realized you need to shape up in life now you can do something about it ...try helping your situation with SA first then all the other priorities will follow.

misslee

wow. i cant believe how many people suffer from this same thing i have. i just did the same thing a couple of days ago man - i went onto youtube. After my experience tonight, I have researched further and found this site. i hate that there are so many people in the world who hurt like this - and wish i could change and help change the world. where abouts are you located?
27/f

anxiousguy83

How do you discover you have SA on youtube :lol:
I so feel with your situation gaz. If only one could turn back time!

misslee

i just typed in social anxiety and some documentary came up that i watched and related to... you should check it out, i thought it was helpful and informative

anxiousguy83

Then I understand, I imagined you just stumbled over it :)
I have found youtube very helpful in regards to SA self help tips. I can't recall how I found out I had it though, it was only a few years ago... and it has been a life long condition :x

misslee

anxiousguy83 said:
I have found youtube very helpful in regards to SA self help tips. I can't recall how I found out I had it though, it was only a few years ago... and it has been a life long condition :x

yeah i think i've always had it too - but i just thought it was me, you know. i went to a physciatrist (or however u spell it) in 2006, and he gave me some tips and thats helped heeps. but i havn't conquered it (yet!) lol - i certainly do hope i can in the future. because i swearrr, if i cannnn conquer it - i can do soooo much in this life!! .. i believe we all can! .... where abouts are u located man?

misslee

misslee said:
anxiousguy83 said:

yeah i think i've always had it too - but i just thought it was me, you know. i went to a physciatrist (or however u spell it) in 2006, and he gave me some tips and thats helped heeps. but i havn't conquered it (yet!) lol - i certainly do hope i can in the future. because i swearrr, if i cannnn conquer it - i can do soooo much in this life!! .. i believe we all can! .... where abouts are u located man?

i mean physcologist lol

anxiousguy83

misslee said:

You're so right. I'm from Norway.
It's so frustrating to be around people and see them enjoy a happy social life, getting education and a career, and you KNOW it could be you as well. The potential really is there!

Ember

My brother once said that to me .. " You're not made for this world ". Or something to that effect, lol, how nice. But now i'm starting to wonder if he's right. It just seems like something that'll be with me forever.

I hear you Gaz.
It's amazing though how, when you go through these sites and see peoples stories and find alot of them nail it on the head for you eh ? Then you wonder, with all these people going through the same thing - how could we all be this damn miserable ?! It's crazy.
I mean, thank goodness for the net as another means to be able to talk to people going through the same thing when we find it so difficult in real life. But i've done the whole chat/forum thing, as you have, as alot of us have...and like you, it does fizzle out soon after. Then the whole idea seems hopeless when you realize you can't even maintain a friendship online!
The best thing about it is you can always keep coming back when things start to get too tough, there will always be someone there just as lonely. But how much of a meaningful thing can come of it when all we have to do is press a couple of keys to sever any connections made when we're not feeling up to it lol ?

Oh me oh my.

lyricalliaisons

I completely understand because I've felt that exact way my whole life. I've always been completely different than everyone else. It's like I exist in this completely different universe all my own. I'm so far removed from everyone else my age... even from people ten years younger than me. They're leap years ahead of me in so many ways....

dwn10w

somtimes u feel like y am I like dis? n u wAna find d reason just so dat u can tell yorself it's not yor fault. but I b-liv d answer lies within ourselves. find somthing u enjoy n just do it. doesn't matter of it's lame, if u enjoy it it don't matter wat other ppl thnk. tomorrow go live yor day without thinking wat others thnk of u. dats my challnge 2 all of u

I_Walk_Alone

It seems that my life has been a total waste of time.

I look at myself today and see that i have no career and havnt got any strong relationships and am single. Im 26 and i wish I could turn back the clock.
I diagnosed myself with SA while looking up video blogs on Youtube. Before that I just assumed i was the way i was. I didnt know that i could change.
I have improved immensely but it feels like that everyone is 10 steps ahead of me. My life has been on hold since I had SA, thats why i feel so immature. I am bored with my life and very frustrated!

Ive been a member of few different SA websites and it is good to read other peoples experiences, but I still feel empty - I cant even make friends on these sites either only have short conversations that fizzle out quickly.

Life goes on (for everyone else) but i stay dormant, waiting for the right time but that will never come.

....this world was not made for me

Yeah, I get what you mean about feeling immature. Sometimes I just think "****, i'm 22, i'm not a boy anymore...I'm a MAN!!" lol. Just feels weird saying it. I've definately been left behind compared to my friends, although they all live in Melbourne, i've lived in Sydney now for the last 3 years, living with my uncle. Still haven't made any friends here, and only see my old friends back in Melbourne, well...never really.

I aslo diagnosed myself online, pretty much as soon as I moved up here. I knew that I had to of had some kind of anxiety, so I just looked through the long list of anxieties until I came across this weird-sounding disorder "Social Phobia", and to my astonishing suprise, nearly every symptom they listed matched mine 100%. Must say, I felt validated after all this time thinking that it was just my personality.

I cant say I really have a problem with not having any friends. Dont know why, I just dont get lonely I guess.

Sorry for not being of much help, I confess I mainly posted due to a selfish urge to get some things off my own chest ::eek::

If I may give some advice though, stop thinking that you're supposed to be something that society thinks you should be. Humans are nothing but apes who think (...that they are important). Sure, were special apes, but not important. We are nothing but our brains, marvelous things that they are, and anything we think, will be our reality. So think big. :)

Neph

the world is not made for you

you make your world

the world is your b#tch, its not the other way around

littl3misstrange

I completely understand because I've felt that exact way my whole life. I've always been completely different than everyone else. It's like I exist in this completely different universe all my own. I'm so far removed from everyone else my age... even from people ten years younger than me. They're leap years ahead of me in so many ways....

i feel the same way. i've had almost none of the same, normal experiences that other people my age have experienced. i live so much within myself, wrapped up in my own emotions & thoughts, because i've never been able to fit into the "outside world." i guess it's also a defense system too...i'm afraid of getting hurt.

Chrysalis

I sometimes with I could turn back the clock - I turned 30 last July and realised I've wasted most of my life hiding, fearing, feeling angry at others and misunderstood.

I know we can't turn back time, so I'm hoping that my 30's are better