i dont have any emotions in social setting.

2be

when i am around people that bully me i cant show any anger, or show them how i am feeling even when i am around people who dont bully, its only when i am alone can i be really depressedand cry ,i dont know whats wrong with me because when i am in social settings where people are attacking me is when i want to show anger the most but i just cant do it i always have a nice face on like nothing is wrong.

is there anything wrong with me ?

recluse

It's then inability to show assertion. I'm exactly the same way in that i show a fake brave, happy face but really i want to beat the crap out of the person who pisses me off.

Vancouver

You have feelings. Let them out. If you don't blow off the occasional steam, it builds up and gains more power. In short - punch the person right in the jaw. Don't let it build up to the point where you want to see them dead.

IceLad

I find it incredibly difficult to show any emotion in public. As a result, unless they know me well, people find it very hard to gauge me. I'm just totally used to bottling up my emotions in front of others.

I don't think it does any good to bottle up your emotions. For example, if you're getting bullied, and you don't show emotion, it almost 'invites' them to do worser and worser things, just to see if they can get a reaction from you.

Eventually your emotions have to come out in some shape or form. Better to let it out in drips rather than one big explosion.

Emma

I always make sure my face is serious, so no-one can tell if I'm thinking, I always worry someone might so, oh why is she happy, she's ugly and dumb she doesn't deserve to be, and if I'm sad I might get called a cry baby

Shonen_Yo

Emma said:
I always make sure my face is serious, so no-one can tell if I'm thinking, I always worry someone might so, oh why is she happy, she's ugly and dumb she doesn't deserve to be, and if I'm sad I might get called a cry baby

You look happy whwn you talk with me :wink:

But I feel that I will look weird if I smile, or insane. Instead, it turned out the opposite: I look crazy when I don't smile or react to nothing.

allieaust

i find it hard to be assertive and show feelings too. I dont want the other person to feel uncomfortable becaue than i willfeel uncomfortable..

i have made out everything was fine with a friend when inside i was hurt by some comments .. i then let it out and sent emails to his person and the friend was shocked and hurt..

it can be really hard but i am learning to try and open up my feelings to others ... little steps :wink:

Emma

You look happy whwn you talk with me

But I feel that I will look weird if I smile, or insane. Instead, it turned out the opposite: I look crazy when I don't smile or react to nothing.

Thats because I love you, thats different, how can you tell anyway underneath all my blushing and looking away? :oops: 8O

Someone once said to me, you look creepy when you smile emma, keep your mouth shut....probably a good idea, happiness doesn't come easily to me