I don't get her

Sacrament

She probably wants to have the upper hand. I think you did a good thing, considering the fact that now she knows you are not to be toyed around with. If indeed she likes you that much, she'll let you know. Just do your best not to seem desperate or anything. Send her a text message and tell her how you feel and that you're there for her if she needs you. Before sending the text message, tell her that you'll be waiting for her to open up and tell you how she feels, since you deserve to know. Don't say a word until she replies and go from there.

_oba_

I have made my resolution. I am not going after her. Could somebody please delete this thread.

Sis

Hey _oba_, guys and girls.... always been a mars and venus thing. Did you ever think, that maybe she is insecure or scared also? And i want to bet then when she is offline or turned her phone off, that is because she is mad at you. So that means you must mean something to her. Maybe you should try to take it a bit slower. Don't put too much pressure on it all.

Also it is not such a good idea to hangup the phone, that gives mixed signals. Too me it all sound like she likes you, but is afraid too be hurt.

I think if she didn't like you or doesn't want to spend time with you, she wouldn't have come up with the idea of a summer course.

I think you shouldn't give up that fast tho. I myself, when i get like that, turn off phone or stay offline, means i need some time alone to think about things i feel. Try to give her some space and let her come to you first. And try to not get mad, because that makes it only harder to approach you first.

Whatever you decide on, i wish you luck. Maybe you should read the; Man are from Mars, Woman are from Venus book.

Sacrament

Why is she being such a bitch? Either she's embarassed at the fact that you were kind and doesn't know how to react, or she's just a mean bitch who doesn't deserve what you want to give her.

_oba_

Sacrament said:
Why is she being such a bitch? Either she's embarassed at the fact that you were kind and doesn't know how to react, or she's just a mean bitch who doesn't deserve what you want to give her.
I am used to pain. So it is ok. I think hating a person because he/she doesn't love you back is plain stupid.

Sacrament

Yes, but one thing is to politely tell you "I'm sorry, but I don't think this is going to work" and another thing is to lock herself in her office and send you those lame text messages instead of accepting your gifts and be thankful. That is why she's a bitch.

_oba_

Sacrament said:
Yes, but one thing is to politely tell you "I'm sorry, but I don't think this is going to work" and another thing is to lock herself in her office and send you those lame text messages instead of accepting your gifts and be thankful. That is why she's a bitch.
LMAO. You are right! She hurt me. I was blinded by love (or rather certain chemicals released by brain). But I still believe that she had her reasons.

Sis

She doesn't sound like a bitch, she sounds troubled. She is prob used to guys treating her bad (like most woman), and thinks you are up to no good. But it is really nice what you did. You should have no problem finding a girl that does appreciate it.

You did the best thing. But it must frustrated you that you still don't have a clear answer on your questions. She is telling you to come get your present back, that means she wants to see you again... is what i think. Maybe you should go and get the presents back... don't say anything about how you like her and see how it goes. And maybe you can make your mom or sis happy with them if it turns out bad :eek:

And it was not for nothing, you bought flowers and it help you in a way. Love motivates for the better (or worse lol).

Good luck oba

Kinetik

I think you're putting yourself down too much, both to us and in front of her. Honestly, no matter how cool and sweet you might be, a girl is turned off by a man who has no confidence in himself and his ability to attract women. I've noticed this myself numerous times, and I've had to really change the way I interact with girls I'm interested in. Not to say what I tell them is all a lie, but it's definitely a different kind of attitude than I'd normally adopt. All it takes is (faked) confidence, catching any kind of self-depracation before it happens, and a healthy dose of distance (100 text messages will kill that every time). After a while you'll learn to pull it off and strike a good balance that will leave her wondering about you and wanting more. I know it's unorthodox, but since I learned about having social phobia I've been forced to bend the rules somewhat. You can always relax and be less on your guard once you've established the relationship. But this should be a gradual thing, otherwise you'll scare her off again. If you're not hard to get a hold of, it's no challenge to her, and you become just another guy. If you throw in some difficulty and some tension at the right parts, things will slot into place a lot more readily. I know it makes no sense, and it's not strictly being yourself throughout, but if life deals you some bad cards you have to learn to deal. Besides, nobody's truly themselves in the dating game.

_oba_

I think you are right, Kinetik. I didn't have any confidence in myself. From now on I will try to act more confident. :)

But I don't want to go after her anymore. She doesn't seem to be interested in me anymore. Could you guys give me any tips on forgetting her, getting her out of my brain?