I don't feel like me

dannyboy65

I guess to start this thread I will say I am under a lot of stress. I'm in a program that has about 2 tests a week and at least 1 assignment. Another thing is I want to be friends with my classmates, yet I feel like none of them have any interest in me. I know it isn't high school anymore, I've been out of that for years now. It's just I see them getting all along and socializing all the time. Yet when I try to put in an input the conversation stops and they don't acknowledge me. I just want to get a long with them. I be myself but I think that they find me creepy. In fact it hurts a lot just thinking that but that's the vibes I get off them and it really hurts me. I already had 13 years straight of bullying and being ignored, I don't want to do another one. What scares me more is what if all RCW's are like this. My main focus is my resident and I'm happy with them it's just I want to get a long with my co-workers too. I don't know I don't want to sound needy.

Megaten

I wouldnt try too hard to be honest. They might be picking up on your anxiety. This was my problem my entire 4 years at my last Uni and the 1st semester at my current one. I tried hanging out with people after class, got stood up, tried adding people on Facebook, didnt happen. Now I have zero interest in befriending my classmates and they seem to have loosened up. But its kinda pointless now. Maybe a happy median between not worrying about it but still being open to companions is the key. But anyways I dont think its so much being creepy, I think people feel our anxiety and it then makes them also feel anxious. And Ive not met a person yet who enjoys that feeling, so naturally they'd want to avoid it like we do.