I did it but regret it

THE-INTROVERT

i have finally made contact with one of the people i used to be friends with before isolation on msn and im regretting it big time ive gone out of my comfort zone and now i feel like im just not going to go on msn for months now and i dont know if this person hates me because i fell out with her friend im regretting contacting the outside world anyone on here ever been in a similar situation

Fighter86

Not really because I never try to do that. On the contrary, I'm trying very hard to bury and forget my past, but I can understand and imagine in my mind the fix your in.

Hannes

I think you doing this was a big step forward and that you should not let it go now, getting out of your comfort zone is very often the first step down the road to recovery. If the other person is angry at you, they will get over it, don't let this become a hinderance towards your foward momentum. WELL DONE!

There, there, man. You've done good.

That feeling of dread you feel is normal. It is all part of it. Stick to your plan, you're doing well. Remember, step by step. Don't overwhelm yourself by taking too big a leap.

I'm proud of you for doing this, and you should keep on doing what you're doing. Stay brave, we're here for you.

Ignace

Very good of you that you tried ! Keep doing it and the feeling will minimize each time a little more. Well, it sure looks logic but I can't tell since I don't got experience with this.

THE-INTROVERT

i havnt even went on msn too see thier reaction probably just ignore my message anyway theyll probably think im a loser isolating but i dont care really what they think if people think getting drunk every weekend is a life thenthe hell with it i really shouldnt havebothered

Ignace

Just go on msn, no need to avoid them, just go through it. They're friends, why would they be angry at you for something like that ? :)

staticreflex

i havnt even went on msn too see thier reaction probably just ignore my message anyway theyll probably think im a loser isolating but i dont care really what they think if people think getting drunk every weekend is a life thenthe hell with it i really shouldnt havebothered

Lol, I'm sure its not near as bad as you think. I say that because for people with SA it never is. My advice would be to go on just like normal, and when nothing happens you'll start to learn that it wasn't a big deal to them at all, and definately not a negative for you! Good job!

krs2snow

If there is one thing I can say for sure, it's that NOone thinks about you as much as you think about yourself! This isn't meant to be rude, it's meant to say "Hey, aint nobody sweatin' what ur sweatin'!" ... So logon as usual and keep up your newly established "old" friendship. The only questions you need to ask yourself are: "Am I glad to talk to this person?" and "Do I want to continue talking to this person?" If the answer is YES- respond. If no, then stop... but most likely- you wouldn't of contacted them in the first place if you didn't want to be in more contact with them.

Silvox Black

Why regret such actions? Has there been any negative backlash from your friends? You should take heart and try to push further. Your feeling of regret is natural yes, reaching so far out of one's comfortable life can be somewhat painful. Take heart and keep trying. You have little to lose and much to gain. It would be excellent to see you take steps to a better life for yourself.

Hannes

Just logon and you will then no longer have to worry about it, what will be will be, but then there will no longer be the continuous worry in your mind. More than likely what you see will be nothing which you are expecting in your own mind. Let us know how it goes.

THE-INTROVERT

well i have blocked the person i have probably made a few more enimies ah well i told them basically everything in an angry messages i basically said use all look down on me because im quiet i also use are all fake trying to be someone use are not its the truth tho i dont really care at least ive got this forum were theres no fakes and jerks if only the world was like this

Kinda understand how you felt. Trying to turn your life around even it's mean getting out of your comfort zone. My MSN friend list is currently empty now. Sigh! Dont' give up hope. Continuing to improve your life by doing something positive. Giving up hope is not an option. Well, i did sometime. Okay, maybe most the time. But, i still have HOPE....

boro

well i have blocked the person i have probably made a few more enimies ah well i told them basically everything in an angry messages i basically said use all look down on me because im quiet i also use are all fake trying to be someone use are not its the truth tho i dont really care at least ive got this forum were theres no fakes and jerks if only the world was like this

If thats what they're really like then who needs them?? I hope they REALLY are like that though after all SA can play havoc with your conceptions of others and especially what they think of you but it seems thats not the case.

Friends that are compassionate about your social phobia is what you need not these bastards.