I cant live like this

Interzone

I just started my second semester at college, day two has ended. So far the past two days have been a living hell. Stress/anxiousness/anxiety levels constantly at 110% and I can't seem to relax. I've had terrible tension headaches soon after noon on both days. I CANT FUNCTION. I hope this doesn't last much longer because I'm not sure I will if I can't relax.

I'm going to sleep. This stress has made me such a disorganized mess on arguably the most important two days of the semester.

206Raider

Yeah man, I'm starting soon myself and I'm a little anxious but I think it will get better, just ride out the next few days and it will get easier. I already know the first few days I will be anxious like never before but in a way I can't wait til I do start.

Noca

Banned
Simple OTC Naproxen should get rid of your headaches. As for the anxiety, you should see your doctor about that.

reslo

if you consider the first few days to be the most stressful, than the days after that may be a little bit better. one thing i would have done in college was pace myself- i was always full-time when i was in school, but i think i would have benefited if i had taken fewer classes. also too, the other students are also starting new classes & don't have the exact same friends to sit with- so they're on edge too... try to eat right and get your rest at the least. and its early in the semester, you could probably make schedule changes if you needed to- maybe take classes later in the day? if it's really that bad, it may be worth seeing what counseling services are offered by your campus? (i chickened out & never did it- even tho they had a shyness group at my college- which probably would have helped me at least a little bit)

hope it gets better! i know i had a hard time being in college w/ so many ppl around, it wasn't fun for me.