I can't get over what they said...

BlaiseBLATES

Everyday when I go out I'm scared that if I need help someone won't believe me.
That's why I'm panicing now...
If they'd have believed me I'd be okay right now.
But instead everyone questioned me,
Doctors asked if I was trying to get out of school,
Teachers asked if I was trying to get out of lessons,
My friends asked if I just didn't wanna hang round with them anymore.
And then last week I had to sit down so walked into a pub and was sent out cause I was sat where I couldnt be seen and they thought I could be taking drugs,
I've explained it to all of the people and they still don't believe me,
How am I meant to get over my agoraphobia when I feel I wont be helped when I'm about to pass out in the middle of the street?!
Has anyone had a similar experience they'd like to share and how they've progressed with this worry hanging over their heads?

dottie

i know what it is like to have anxiety attacks dismissed, it is horrible. not just that, but i would be scolded badly for it when i would have them around my mom. because i've been dealing with it since such a young age i was just forced to truck through it, having no one to rely on for emotional support.

at this point i would say to focus on managing your anxiety attacks (i assume that is what you are experiencing when you say you fear passing out). easier said than done. i haven't read through all your posts so i am not sure what you've tried. CBT would probably be helpful, then when you feel panic you can kind of psych yourself out of it to a tolerable point.

have you ever actually passed out?

Birdman

The key is you just have to say F$*k it to everything and dont let things get to you. Just enjoy your life 1 day at a time. Also you need to start worrying more about your life and what you accomplish instead of what other people think about you. if your hanging with friends that dont share the same interests and they bash you all the time for stating your opinion, either say F%*K you or find new friends that will appraciate you for who you are. Remeber there are billions and billions of people out there no need to waste your time and you kill yourself over people.

Queen_Of_Pain

Yeah, don't worry about other people, the only way im breaking out of almost exactly what you described is because I stopped caring of other (horrible) peoples opinions.
I almost got thrown out of school because I didn't turn up in the end, I sympathyse. It sucks to be underpressure from everyone around you, but it will get better the more you face it.
I know you probably feel like you don't fit in the world because everyone who thinks they know whats "wrong" with you shares their opinion, and it's frustrating at the best of times. It seems like the people at school either genuinely don't understand or just want to be horrible.

If I were you I'd get a second opinion from a different doctor, and if they don't want to help you then look at them like their crazy and find someone who knows what their doing. I went through tons of so called professional doctors that did me more harm than good.
Panic attacks are never nice, I usually deal with them by listening to my ipod if i'm out. Sometimes it helps to block out thoughts.
As for that pub you mentioned, they sound like they have attitude problems. o_0 Honestly has is got to the point when people can't sit in pubs quietly minding their own business anymore? yikes. :confused:

Last edited:

danstelter

Seek counseling (or a psychologist)! I did (for social anxiety and found it helpful), and I would encourage you to do so too. There are counselors out there for every condition known to people, and they understand what you are going through, which obviously the people in the past didn't, and they punished you for your behavior. Call your local social services, NAMI (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill), or even just a local help hotline and tell them you need to know where to get help for such a condition! People can tell you not to worry, and of course you already know that because it has not helped to worry, and yet you continue to do it. If you could stop, you would have by now. Seeking help from other people like a counselor or psychologist who has knowledge of the condition, will help you immensely because they will know how to help you change your thinking so that you don't get so panicked by going out! Good luck and be sure to ask questions if you have more!

Cynic

last week I had to sit down so walked into a pub and was sent out cause I was sat where I couldnt be seen and they thought I could be taking drugs
If you weren't buying anything from the pub, they aren't going to want you in there.