I called in sick today....again

Angel_Of_Death

My social anxiety is getting complete control over my life. And it's getting worse and worse.

Summer of 2007, I had just landed this nice paying job. My 1 month training was excellent, I was able to socialize very well and talking with everyone in my training group. I was working full time, making great money...A couple of months later I registered in University...Even tough I had SA, things were in control, things were improving and I had a good outlook of my near future.

A little more than a year later, my anxiety got worse and worse that in summer of 2008 I had to ask my employer to cut down my hours part time. I couldn't handle all the anxiety I was getting at work. And now, about 6 months later I find myself not even being able to keep up with my 20 hours a week. I have lost complete motivation for school and I've been dropping almost all of my classes. I already missed many days of work, got a written notice. I might lose this job.

Last night I was so anxious about going into work today that it kept me awake the whole night. I finally ended up calling sick.

I can't keep up with work
I can't keep up with school
I can't deal with family
I can't deal with my finances...

I'm hopeless.....

Livingwithoutlivin

What's the reason for your anxiety at work? Is it people give you experiences you don't want to experience? Is it that it's so easy that you find yourself worrying about what might take place in the future, because your not consumed with so much workload and hustling it like a non white color job? What is the reason for your anxiety at work?

I was working at a retail store last winter, but I was cool the first days when they had us all working in the stock room, but then when the moved me to work by myself as a floor attendant, I got really depressed. I started getting anxiety when people would get near me too. It's because the work wasn't too demanding and I had plenty of time to think and anticipate the future... I feel like part of that is because I didn't have much going on in my personal life either. I wasn't busy with college as I hadn't enrolled in it yet. But I hate college too. I'm probably going to fail every single one of my classes. I just know that I need to change the way I think about all this. Maybe I need somebody to yell at me real hard and let me know that if I dont' shape up, they won't ever let me in their house if I ever end up homeless. I need them to let me know that if I"m homeless , I will be completely cut out of the family, or something like that.

Angel_Of_Death

Livingwithoutlivin said:
What's the reason for your anxiety at work? Is it people give you experiences you don't want to experience? Is it that it's so easy that you find yourself worrying about what might take place in the future, because your not consumed with so much workload and hustling it like a non white color job? What is the reason for your anxiety at work?

I work in customer service in a call center, dealing with clients is easy for me. I'm great at my job. Dealing with co-workers and managers is the hardest part. There is also this girl that's been working there, her desk is right next to mine...she's cute, I like her...problem is that my anxiety goes trough the roof whenever she's around or talking to me, and I get extremely embarrassed because of that. So now I get anxious of the thought of getting anxious at work. It's crazy!

I need to change, do something and fast....before it's too late.

Ashiene

hey pal, i was like that in the past when i was in school, there this was pretty and voluptuous (im serious!) classmate of mine she was only 14 years old at the time and she had an other-worldly beauty about her. i was so shy that i never looked into her eyes for weeks! and got teased about that!

also im in my 3rd year of polytechnic studies now and im getting worse and worse grades. in year 1 i had classes 40 hours a week, now its 9 hours a week because i dropped plenty of subjects!

im going insane!!